GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EOI: Work VS-XX 18"

Jig

Flow Motion
Hi Everyone:

EOI @ this stage. I have a set of Work VS-XX 18" that was custom maid by Work in Japan to fit the Golf MKV5. I purchased it back in May 2008 and has travelled under 10K kms. It has a minor kerb scratch which I will get fixed.

I have some OE tyres also that fit it 225/40 that has done around 14K kms.

I also in the process of removing the anodized clear coat finish on the wheels and having it sanded and machined polish because someone sprayed a wheel cleaner on them and has eaten into the anodized clear coat. The people doing this are highly recommended by Work Wheels themselves in Sydney. I could have shipped them back to Japan but this process would take more than a month compared to 1 week done locally here in Sydney.

I purchased it at 3,980.00 AUD Landed. They are now close to $4600.00 AUD.

I want to know if anyone is interested to purchase my Work Wheels for $3500.00. You will have a new dish/lip machine polished plus the VS-XX Center Cap and the VW Center Cap. Size is 18 x 8, Offset +51 PCD 5-112.

One other information I forgot to disclose. My new wheel replacement is arriving in 5 weeks so I cant let this one go until my new wheel arrives. If you want to buy this wheel, hang on to your cash until I revert back and that its all good to go. Thanks for your patience here. Bit slow today.

I am disclosing everything because that is what you do when you sell items. Welcome any comments.

The original thread lives here: http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50151

Here are some latest pictures also.

Edited: removed the tyres from the 3K sale as that was a mistake. Sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_-1.jpg
    IMG_-1.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 4,461
  • IMG-2.jpg
    IMG-2.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 2,857
Last edited:

Deco

Ready to race!
Very NICE !!

Would look great on my 2door reflex silver GTI....2 bad I don't have 3k sittin around....

Jig

Flow Motion
Thanks Deco. I am still in the fence whether I should machine polish it or paint the dish/lips black. Work sent me black rivets as well so I reckon the dish painted black would look good too.

Jig

Flow Motion
OK. I am definitely replacing my Work Wheels but before I do, I will have Wheel Center repairs paint the lips gloss black. I will also have black rivets that can be installed on the wheel to replace the chrome. This additional work will cost me 1500.00.

So, I am willing to sell my Work Wheels for 3500.00. Its almost a brand new wheel. Let me know if you are interested.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Free bump, great looking wheel.

Jig, personally i'd sell them as are because they look great with the silver lips - helps break up the black.

Jig

Flow Motion
Free bump, great looking wheel.

Jig, personally i'd sell them as are because they look great with the silver lips - helps break up the black.

Thanks G-Rig. I have to do something with the dish lips because someone sprayed an acid wheel cleaner agent into the wheels so it now has some discoloration. I have the option to bead blast the anodize finish and paint them gloss black or bead blast and polish the dish/lip so that it looks just like the original but without the anodized material on the wheel.

If anyone wants to buy the wheel "as is", I am willing the drop the price down to 3K. I also have the VS-XX center cap to go with this too. Great looking wheel.

Jig

Flow Motion
Obviously your lips are too big...

Jig - GL with the sale, I can only BUMP if you tell me what you are getting..:biggrin:

Thanks Frenchie.

I am getting ADV5.1 Wheels from ADV1 Wheels. Single Piece-Fully Forged, still 18", 7.5Kg weight per corner and more importantly, will happily fit the 6-piston Brembo BBK.

This will be the last project for my R32(weight saving) and then I move on to another project(V8's).