GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Bluefin reset to factory

timj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI
**SOLD*** FS: Bluefin for VW/Audi $650 delivered.

The unit has been SOLD...

Last edited:

timj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI
Go on, early Christmas pressie for your car, can be at your door in 2 days :D

OK, so now its at $600 :smile:

Cheapest bang for your buck....

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M

timj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI
Bumparoo...... Come on folks...

Someone is gunna grab a bargain... I'm open to OFFERS, but keep em sensible :rolleyes: I'm not gunna give it away...

Your choice, either post the offer here in the thread of via PM...

timj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI
It's a 'virgin' unit, and they only work on 1 car at a time, when you first connect it to your car it downloads the current map off the vehicle plus the VIN number etc, you then connect to their website over the net and using a USB lead (supplied) and their software (also supplied) and the unit uploads the base map belonging to your car, they then modify that file and send you an Email saying its ready (only an hour or so to wait) and you reconnect to the site and the unit gets the new map sent to it from their server. Reconnect it to your car and upload, drive away with new map and you will grin from ear to ear... But the unit is then only able to be used on that vehicle as it has the vehicle VIN stored in it and will not allow you to plug into another car.

Hope that lot hasn't confused you anymore :) The tool can also be used to totally immobalise the car, to scan for fault codes etc...

onpole01

ILoveMyMKVGTI
HI Timj,

I am not sure how you'll go with that price mate as I assume the new download from SC for the new owner is'nt included in that price? It is roughly about GBP 145.00 for the download which then makes your sell price for the unit and new download more expensive than buying from GMC.

Anyway good luck with the sale and I can vouch for Timj as I have bought from him and all went very well.

Cheers

timj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI
Well onpole01, you might wish to do your research before making assumptions, the new owner will not have to pay a cent to Superchip as the unit has already been done by them and reset back to a 'virgin' condition and there are NO charges involved to set it up for the new owner. Read the 1st post, email info@superchip.co.uk and THEN make no assumptions :happyanim:

But thanks for bringing it up, least any potential buyer knows the answer now, plus who to email to double check :biggrin:

Last edited:

onpole01

ILoveMyMKVGTI
My research was my own purchase of a unit from a forum member that was also reset but there was still a new fee invloved with SC as I was a new customer and the unit was being synced with a new car with the provision of the new map-that is fact.

So that's awesome there is no additional fee in your case for your unit and yes cancel my assumption!

Good luck with the sale and whoever buys it won't be disappointed-a real performance bang for your buck:thumbsup:

Well onpole01, you might wish to do your research before making assumptions, the new owner will not have to pay a cent to Superchip as the unit has already been done by them and reset back to a 'virgin' condition and there are NO charges involved to set it up for the new owner. Read the 1st post, email info@superchip.co.uk and THEN make no assumptions :happyanim:

But thanks for bringing it up, least any potential buyer knows the answer now, plus who to email to double check :biggrin:

Deco

Ready to race!
Guys guess what I'm asking is if I buy it, can I use the actual unit on more than 1 car eg my VW GTI, a friends Polo GTI so long as we/he pays for the software for his car from the bluefin site?

thanks

timj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI
No you cannot. Before superchip will even think about reprogamming the unit to allow you to tune a different vehicle you have to set the 1st vehicle back to stock. Then and only then can u connect to their server and get the new patched software. Otherwise everyone would just be borrowing their mates unit. 1unit does 1 car only at a time.