GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Protection Package?

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
Of course they did. Did I take it? Of course not. Dealers will try and make as much money off each car sale so they try and sell you lot of stuff you don't need. Its all part of the fun! Mine tried to sell me an extended warranty, a secondary alarm system, clearcoat, scotchguard, GAP insurance, and some other stuff. Turned it all down. and, since I kept them there 1-1/2 hours after closing, they didn't seem to mind too much.

GTT

Touring Car Champion
d.C said:
Did your sales offer a protection package for your car?
If so, did you take the offer?

Your car has a "clear coat" layer, which is put on from the factory to protect the paint.
The dealer tries to sell you "paint protection". So, he is trying to sell you protection for the factory paint protection which is called "clear coat". Silly, ain't it?
Just wash, polish and wax the car regulary and you'll be quite well protected.

Also, cars already come with rust protection from the factory. This isn't 1968.
Adding more rust protection simply adds money to the dealers profit and, if actually applied, more weight to your car. That spary can get heavy.

If you have leather inside your car then leather conditioner is all you need to keep it clean.
If you have cloth then get a can of Scotchgard and apply it yourself for under $20.

DO NOT buy any "protection" packages from the dealer as they are there to add profit and are not necessary.

T

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
It's all CRAP...99% profit for the dealer.