GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone get a GLI yet??

rabbit.ca

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Just wondering if anyone on this site has purchased a GLI yet. They look great and was wondering what made them pick the GLI over the GTI. I know right now GLI's have better finance rates and there seems to be alot more on the dealers lots.

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
yea there is alot more on the lots bcuz everyone is buying out the GTI's... lol but yea there are a few GLI's lurking around this forum

76er

Madman With Wheels
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Theres a lot more Jettas in general in comparison to any other model. Kinda sucks if youre buying a VW that isnt a Jetta.

Quite good for us because we're in the minority. No one wants to drive something that everyone else is driving, simply for the sanity of trying to find your car in a crowded parking lot. :eyebulge:

codemonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
I could care less about that fact, thats more an ego thing then anything. Id rather be able to actually get the car I want without having to wait months for it then seeing a few more people around with a similar car.

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
I have one, I love it.

I previously had a 2000 VW Golf 2.0L.

I went into my car buying descision looking at VW's across the board.

Things I wanted were
- Turbo Motor
- 6 Speed
- Unique car
- 4 Doors

I first test drove a Rabbit 4 door just to see the power and price. It was very nice for the price, great value. In the end though I knew I would not love the car as much. Kind of like if I had a Ginger Kid, knowing it had no soul would make me not love it as much. :laugh:

I then Test drove a GLI PKG 2. I was not terribly concerned with leather as I live in a cold area and like cloth anyhow. I loved the additional power and such. At that point I began asking if they had a GLI with cloth seats. They informed me that they had one on the other corner of the lot. We made our way over to see a Shadow Blue PKG 1 with DSG. I began liking the color quite a bit once I saw it in person. I did not like the idea of DSG but the rep began to tell me that he could offer me a price on it that would be very impressive. I told him to show me what he could offer. They came back with a price that would essentially have the car to me for $22,500 (US) +Tax on a car with a sticker of $28,000. :eyebulge: As they say in the movies, they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. So I took it and I could not be happier.

At first I was hesitant about the DSG but I am really starting to enjoy it and cannot wait for the day they offer upgrades to that so I can really boost my car. But for now the DSG keeps me in line and shifting like a Pro. :burnrubber:

EDIT : I also liked the GLI because, althought there are alot of Jetta's it is very rare (from my experience) to see a GLI, I have yet to see one in person in the last 2 months other than mine, I have however seen many many GTI's.

Caboob

I am looking to get one. I initially was turned off by the look until I saw a red one. I thought they might be too heavy but it's only 190 lbs heavier than the GTI. I loved the test drive. The salesman let me drive one with DSG out to their supply lot and then drive back in a car with the manual. I love the manual, the clutch is light and the throw was smooth. With the extra weight, the car had a smoother more planted ride. More roll in the corners as well but I wil look to rectify this with better springs and will add engine mods after warranty is up. I'm very interested in this car because I have kids to schlep around and need the full trunk. It seems like a better value compared to an A3, A4 or a BMW 328.

F37150

orange crush
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI
I am looking to get one. I initially was turned off by the look until I saw a red one. I thought they might be too heavy but it's only 190 lbs heavier than the GTI. I loved the test drive. The salesman let me drive one with DSG out to their supply lot and then drive back in a car with the manual. I love the manual, the clutch is light and the throw was smooth. With the extra weight, the car had a smoother more planted ride. More roll in the corners as well but I wil look to rectify this with better springs and will add engine mods after warranty is up. I'm very interested in this car because I have kids to schlep around and need the full trunk. It seems like a better value compared to an A3, A4 or a BMW 328.

I nominate this for thread revival of the year in the Canadian section!!

:lol:

ar_mike

=D
I have Jetta =)..but with GLI kit LOL.

NinjaNikki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 UG GTI
Ha Ha I was just going to say the same thing! lol.