GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maroondah Dam BBQ/Cruise 13/12/09

TimT

Go Kart Champion
OK boys and girls here we go.

If you only go to one cruise this year then this is the one to get out to!

WHEN
13th of December 2009

MEET POINT
Macdonalds car park. Cnr wellington rd and springvale rd Mulgrave
10:00AM Meet for breakfast or refueling at BP across the road with 10:30am sharp departure

WHY
So we can continue the tradition! This will be the 4th time we have run this event and each year it just gets bigger. Last year we probably had around 30 VWs of all kinds.
This year we are gonna change it up a little bit just for the sake of it. Heading out towards gembrook and then heading up to warburton for a short break. Then on to do the spurs in reverse before meeting at the dam probably around 1PM-ish. People not take part in the cruise are also welcome to meet us at our final destination at Maroondah Reservoir for the BBQ.

WHAT TO BRING
-Yourself
-A UHF radio if you have one. I will bring mine and we will operate on a channel that we decide on the day. There is no mobile phone service in some of the areas we will be in so if you have one please bring it!
-Your car or a mate to drive you round for the day.
-Anything special that you want for lunch (I will bring some sausages a bottle or two of softdrink in an esky) There is a supermarket in healesville if anyone wants to quickly drive up the road and grab something there.
-A good attitude
-Digital Camera to capture the moment

Please make an effort to study the route below so if you miss a turn or get lost you can find your way back. (click on the map to open it in google maps)

Other Stuff
We normally set an "entertaining" pace whilst observing relevant speed limits. No doubt we will encounter police during this drive as we have in past years so its just not worth causing too much of a disturbance.

Please make an effort not to tailgate a slower driver. This will only end in tears
Some of the roads are quite narrow so care should be taken to stick to your side of the road.

If anyone wants to be a hero and drive carelessly then they can find someone else to cruise with. I know I dont want to be the one to scrape you off the road.

whoalse

Snap8
Car(s)
Silva Bullet
Can't sleep tim?
Sure looks good. Looking forward to it eagerly

TimT

Go Kart Champion
just bumpin this up again. Looking to be a pretty big turnout already 20ish cars confirmed and we are still a couple weeks away. Remember if youre not keen on the drive through the spurs you can always meet us at the park for the bbq.

PASHN8

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Volkwagen Golf
I'll be there with the new toy, be great to put some faces to names :)

vesssh

Ready to race!
i might come, but in the pulsar . . .

gti500

Car(s)
Mk5 GTi
I just came across this event, sounds great!

I did this exact run in reverse direction last weekend, the roads are amazing and yes they are quite narrow between Marysville and McMahons Creek. Looking forward to it.

HCGTI

Ready to race!
i might be able to come down for this one. i think the missus really wants to go to this one.

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
i might be able to come down for this one. i think the missus really wants to go to this one.
Haha didnt she throw up on the last one??