GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Detailing beneath the hood

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Anyone know how the pros do it? Do they remove the engine and crap, or just use special spray/tools? :iono:

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Alf you know just about everything i think...

I think they should give you Mod... dont know if you would use it right though haha:evil:

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Your right!

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
I am a detailer at Carmax and we spray engine degreaser over the whole engine. Seriously, just soak it and then use a brush to aggrivate the dirty areas. After that just take a powerwasher to the whole engine bay. I know what you're thinking, water and electrical = bad day. But I have been working there a while and no problems thus far. I mean I avoid spraying harnesses if I can and air filters if there is a cone filter or one that is exposed. But yea your motor will be fine if you powerwash it. Just don't spray it down when the motor is hot. I would do that to carmax cars but not my own.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
I am a detailer at Carmax and we spray engine degreaser over the whole engine. Seriously, just soak it and then use a brush to aggrivate the dirty areas. After that just take a powerwasher to the whole engine bay. I know what you're thinking, water and electrical = bad day. But I have been working there a while and no problems thus far. I mean I avoid spraying harnesses if I can and air filters if there is a cone filter or one that is exposed. But yea your motor will be fine if you powerwash it. Just don't spray it down when the motor is hot. I would do that to carmax cars but not my own.

how would he get to the power wash without warming up the car to get there?

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Wow Alf, you're fast- pics and everything :thumbup:. Thanks man, how long does it usually take you? And how deep do you usually wipe, or are you able to reach? :smile:

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Wow Alf, you're fast- pics and everything :thumbup:. Thanks man, how long does it usually take you? And how deep do you usually wipe, or are you able to reach? :smile:

10-15 minutes

not too long, not too much scrubbage.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Good tips, will get me some Meguiar's interior cleaner later. :biggrin: Thanks all!