GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR V Tune

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
Holy Crap, this *Seems* to be what I've been waiting for. I don't like the idea of chipping, seems foolish. However having a software you can mod settings in real time is where this tech should be... Wow.. I'm going to keep an eye on this.

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
V-tune has been arund for a while now. I was just reading on OZaudi yesterday about a guy who ran V-tune on his A3T (circa 2002 model) and the V-tune didn't really yield any better results than the standard APR chip.

But otherwise, haven't really heard of many people trying it down under.

EDIT: Seems I read it a bit wrong...
http://www.ozaudi.com/nuke/modules....topic&t=2988&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc

dandyandy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
I'm trying to find out the cost, because if its cheaper than the APR flashing, it might be a worthwhile investment in the long run to get v tune

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
I'm trying to find out the cost, because if its cheaper than the APR flashing, it might be a worthwhile investment in the long run to get v tune

Ummm the software if free...

It says you need something to flash the ECU but I'm assuming the ECU with some kind of program you'll find for free will do the trick.

That and it says its for Audi ECU's at this point, I downloaded it anyhow but I'm definately going to be watching.

dandyandy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
V tune does not support the 2.0TFSI for now

mr_grey

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh man I can just see the use of this programme going pear shaped!!!

Unless you have intimate knowledge of what the engine is doing and how each setting effects its performance I would not even contemplate messing around with it. These cars are expensive enough without having to explain to VW why the engine blew up cause you fiddled with the timing or uped the boost.
I'm happy with letting the pro's do all the work and reaping the benifits.

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
That's my thinking too. :thumbsup:

Especially when APR's DPP tuning, and their competitors, is already well proven. Chasing a few extra kWs viw V-Tune seems a bit too much of a risk for me. If you wanted true ECU customisation, from what I can gather, you need to pay and go the MoTeC route. For my uses as a daily driver, not really necessary.

dandyandy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
All in the name of fun i say HAHHAHAHAH...but i rather have a working engine too...just a thought

Jamie GTI

First VW and loving it
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
Oh man I can just see the use of this programme going pear shaped!!!

Unless you have intimate knowledge of what the engine is doing and how each setting effects its performance I would not even contemplate messing around with it. These cars are expensive enough without having to explain to VW why the engine blew up cause you fiddled with the timing or uped the boost.
I'm happy with letting the pro's do all the work and reaping the benifits.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.