GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Satellite radio?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I'm confused. Does it come with the AM/FM and standard CD player or is that a separate issue.

I'm looking to get:

• Leather heated seats
• Power sunroof
• Dual climate zones
• Standard Am/Fm Radio/ CD player

can these be gotten together or not?

Cjeckert

Drag Racing Champion
If you get leather you have to get the package that includes satilite radio which is actually the same stock 6cd in dash units just with the sat modual instaled. i honestly thought i'd never use sat but i love it now.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Does it leave you with an ugly satllite anntena on the roof?

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
There's no ugly antenna on the top. It's a stumpy rear centered one that sticks up maybe a couple inches. I can't think of the darn name of them now but you get the pic. Hey I guess you do get the pic, it's that same small one on the red car on your sig picture...that little black thing sticking up.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
just to let you know antennas arent suposed to be painted for the fact it reduces there reception

katie

Autocross Champion
AxMan said:
just to let you know antennas arent suposed to be painted for the fact it reduces there reception

I'm hearing two different things, some people say that it does and some doesn't. But most of the other cars have them painted. Maybe it's made of a different material? I don't know but IMO it just looks better.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
well in aviation antennas are painted with a specal paint, i know someone who painted their sirius antenna for a modular kit to match their car and they got no reception. but if you want to try it go ahead. just a warning.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
Its not really a typical antenna. The ones with sat have a little bump on the top. without Sat have a 29 inch fm antenna on top. Not sure where the FM antenna is on the ones with sat, but pretty sure its not the bump. If it was your reception would suck bad on am and fm. Probbly in the glass.