GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Texas Buyers

Lynx

Passed Driver's Ed
Could some of the Texas buyers chime in with what the exact numbers are for TT&L in our fine state? I would like to go into the stealership guns blazing :headbang: with all the pricing info I can find. I really appreciate it.

miatamat

Ready to race!
Try contacting the dealerships via e-mail first to get the best price. Once they have you in the dealership it's just harder to walk away. I managed to get $24k plus ttl (DSG, pkg 2, 18") which equated to $25,750.xx OTD before I put a foot in the door. I would also suggest getting the Dallas dealers to bid on your business. Seems to be lot's of stock and high competition here.:thumbsup:

Good Luck.

Lynx

Passed Driver's Ed
miatamat said:
Try contacting the dealerships via e-mail first to get the best price. Once they have you in the dealership it's just harder to walk away. I managed to get $24k plus ttl (DSG, pkg 2, 18") which equated to $25,750.xx OTD before I put a foot in the door. I would also suggest getting the Dallas dealers to bid on your business. Seems to be lot's of stock and high competition here.:thumbsup:

Good Luck.
I have contacted numerous stealerships via email and have gotten their prices. Granted their prices are not what I am looking for. I will not go in there without knowing exactly what I want to pay OTD.

Would you be so kind as to post what the exact TT&L was for your purchase? This way I can bring the stealership to its knees with my offer.

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
-Tax for a car is 6.25% in Texas.
-Title fee is $33.
-License fee is $30.
-I think you might have to pay for registration. This is $70 in Houston.
-Title, License fees and registration are not taxed.
-Destination fee is taxed.
-If you have a trade in, take that into consideration. Are they giving you less, more or equal to your old car's trade in value?
-Try to get the best financing available. You should get the 36 month payment plan. Usually you cant get a low APR if you go over 36 or 48 months.
-If you are trying to buy the car based on the lowest monthly payment you can get(going over 48 months), you shouldnt be buying the car.

I got 3.9% and got $400 over my old cars trade in value (KBB). My total cost of financing the car came out to be a little over $26k for a GTI with DSG package 1. I am paying a little over $700/month.

Wait till the end of a month to buy the car. This is when they will try to meet quotas. Peter Bahn in Demontrond VW will beat any deal. So will Paul Dombkowski from Garlyn Shelton VW in Bryan, TX. Personally, Paul was a pleasure to deal with. He was very polite and he will deliver the car to you whether it be your home, work or starbucks. I bought the car from him. Peter was also great to deal with. The only thing that didn't get him my business was that he didn't offer me a good price for my trade-in. NEVER buy your car from Clearlake VW. They offered me $25800 for DSG with package OTD and would barely budge on it.

Last edited:

Lynx

Passed Driver's Ed
trick000 said:
-Tax for a car is 6.25% in Texas.
-Title fee is $33.
-License fee is $30.
-I think you might have to pay for registration. This is $70 in Houston.
-Title, License fees and registration are not taxed.
-Destination fee is taxed.
-If you have a trade in, take that into consideration. Are they giving you less, more or equal to your old car's trade in value?
-Try to get the best financing available. You should get the 36 month payment plan. Usually you cant get a low APR if you go over 36 or 48 months.
-If you are trying to buy the car based on the lowest monthly payment you can get(going over 48 months), you shouldnt be buying the car.

I got 3.9% and got $400 over my old cars trade in value (KBB). My total cost of financing the car came out to be a little over $26k for a GTI with DSG package 1. I am paying a little over $700/month.

Wait till the end of a month to buy the car. This is when they will try to meet quotas. Peter Bahn in Demontrond VW will beat any deal. So will Paul Dombkowski from Garlyn Shelton VW in Bryan, TX. Personally, Paul was a pleasure to deal with. He was very polite and he will deliver the car to you whether it be your home, work or starbucks. I bought the car from him. Peter was also great to deal with. The only thing that didn't get him my business was that he didn't offer me a good price for my trade-in. NEVER buy your car from Clearlake VW. They offered me $25800 for DSG with package OTD and would barely budge on it.

Thanks for all that info. :bow:

Now did ClearLake VW offer a package 0 for that price, because you didnt mention which package. I am assuming this what they offered, since that is close the price I was quoted.

Again thanks for the info.

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Are you dealing with Nicole Harvey? The $25800 was for the package 1 with DSG. She quoted me $25011 for a DSG package 0. She will probably get the package 1 down to $25400 but like I said, Demontrond or Garlyn Shelton will beat that. Archer VW wouldn't budge past $25200 OTD.

Also, I have a couple of friends with VWs and they said never to take your car to be serviced there (Clearlake). Apparently their services are below standards. Take it to momentum instead.

Peter Bahn in Demontrond was letting the package 1 with DSG go for $25050 OTD. I dunno if he sold it yet. You might wanna talk to him. Try to get 3.9%.

miatamat

Ready to race!
TTL doesn't matter it's the OTD price that matters. If you start to get into the TTL portion of the cost you are opening yourself up to BS from the dealership. I don't know about you, but I just want to know how much I need to write on my cheque. Be insistent on an OTD price and then you have an apple to apples comparison to negotiate with. What package are you looking for, the avaialbility of the combo will also factor into your price. I was initialy looking for a package zero in black with DSG, the best I could get was $24,300 OTD, then I had another dealer call me back with a package 2 with DSG and 18" in Candy White for 25,750 OTD. The candy white car was the much better value so I went that way. I guess if you don't get the price you want you could always get a Honda or something.:thumbsup:

Lynx

Passed Driver's Ed
miatamat said:
TTL doesn't matter it's the OTD price that matters. If you start to get into the TTL portion of the cost you are opening yourself up to BS from the dealership. I don't know about you, but I just want to know how much I need to write on my cheque. Be insistent on an OTD price and then you have an apple to apples comparison to negotiate with. What package are you looking for, the avaialbility of the combo will also factor into your price. I was initialy looking for a package zero in black with DSG, the best I could get was $24,300 OTD, then I had another dealer call me back with a package 2 with DSG and 18" in Candy White for 25,750 OTD. The candy white car was the much better value so I went that way. I guess if you don't get the price you want you could always get a Honda or something.:thumbsup:
I see your point, but doesnt the TTL become part of the OTD price. So by knowing what they are, I would be able to figure out the most I would be willing to pay before TTL. If that made sense, not sure.

Wow, that is a pretty sweet deal for package 2 DSG. That sounds like something I would love to find. Although, most of the dealers here in Houston are not looking to give me a package 0 for less than 25,000 OTD. They seem to be sticking to the MSRP for that, which I think is a bunch of crap. One dealer even told me that in order to get an OTD price for less than 25,000; they would have to sell me the car for far less than what they paid VW for it. :bellyroll:

Where did you purchase yours from?

miatamat

Ready to race!
I bought my car from Autobhan in Fort Worth, I was speaking with Ronnie Dempsey who was great to deal with (no BS). It's funny when they gave me the price I was waiting for the "oh we forgot this or that and the price will be a million dollars" but it never happened. This happened to me twice with the other dealer when they realized I was serious. Last week I was told there was only one package zero in Texas and hence I did not have alot of leverage with the dealer who was Rusty Wallis VW. You may need to order one in which case you will be at the mercy of the dealership. Like I said before, make sure you have the Dallas dealerships compete for your business, just don't tell them you are from Houston as they will factor that into the price knowing that you will not be coming back for service or and warrenty work.