G-rig

Go Kart Champion
**These are now Sold, thanks**

Item: Audio-Technica ATH-AD900 Open Headphones
Item Condition: Used - excellent condition
Reason for selling: upgrading
Price: Sold on eBay.
Payment Method: Local pickup/drop off - Cash, Paypal, direct deposit

Extra Info: These highly regarded headphones are in excellent condition, no faults whatsoever and purchased at Headphonic for $399 at the time. Very good detailed sound and great sound stage - awesome detailed sound suits many styles of music. Many good reviews around.

Includes original carry packaging and 1/4" adapter jack

More info and specs here: http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=180

Description:
The AD900 is a fantastic sounding headphone for the price. An overall very nicely detailed headphone without being dull or harsh sounding. Bass response is tight and fast (but nor prominent, so don't buy these if you want a bassy headphone), vocal ranges are very detailed and treble is fast and detailed without being bright. Soundstage and separation are excellent but don't give the headphone a stretched or sterile sound.
Great for just about any kind of music, these are a top notch performer.
The AD900 is easy to drive and doesn't require an amp for excellent performance, but a good amp will improve the sound even further.

Last edited:

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I should add, great for movies and games too.. they are very light and not hot to wear like some of the closed models around.

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
what did you upgrade too greggy ?? I use the AKG K701 Reference headphone (http://www.akg.com/personal/K_701,pcatid,4,pid,1,_psmand,1.html)

... the sound is amazing and much much better than the sennheiser HD800 reference headphones i had before.

curious what you upgraded to.. the audio technica are really nice headphones.. have you checked our GRADO??? they make some serious headphone gear!

i really recommend the AKG K701 i am using.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Hey Robby, haven't as of yet but don't think i'll be able to refuse the Alessandro MS-Pro's (similar to the Grado RS1).

The K701 are meant to be pretty nice, great sound stage but pretty hard to drive from all reports (do you have a headphone amp?).

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
nah greggy.. i run it directly from my marantz SR8002 receiver.. and it does a wonderful job..... the music is amazing..... and soundstaging awesome......clarity and power is just awesome..it doesnt sound and feel like the reciever is struggling to drive it.

i dont use it for movies tho.. just pure music

however when i hook it up to my roland HP207 digital piano.. it feels and sounds quite under powered..

so my thoughts are it is a fairly hard headphone to drive if you dont have the right gear to drive it.

mjair

''
what did you upgrade too greggy ?? I use the AKG K701 Reference headphone (http://www.akg.com/personal/K_701,pcatid,4,pid,1,_psmand,1.html)

... the sound is amazing and much much better than the sennheiser HD800 reference headphones i had before.

curious what you upgraded to.. the audio technica are really nice headphones.. have you checked our GRADO??? they make some serious headphone gear!

i really recommend the AKG K701 i am using.

Except they are really uncomfortable, lots of pressure on the top of the head.