GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SpeedTuning Chips

superide

Ready to race!
Have any of you guys ever heard fo them? They are local and seem cheep for the power they are making out of the MKV 2.0T's. Here is a link to there web site.

http://www.speedtuningusa.com/

If any one in intrested in trying them out I can try and set up a group buy and Dyno day if anyone is interested. I work for Altered AStmosphere in Gaithersburg MD so I have access to a Dyno.

My cousin is the hairdresser for the owner of Altered Atmosphere... at least, i'm pretty sure thats what he told me.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I'm much more comfortable with a chip tuning company that specializes in German car manufacturing, I'm not sure how'd I feel about a company that makes software chips for over 1000 different cars, especially domestics. Hope that turns out well for you, but at some point if its that cheap, you pay for what you get, and how willing are they going to be on the warranty of their product, mod related software upgrades, and so on...?

superide

Ready to race!
The guy who does the tuning for the MKV's has a 2.0T and has had this software on his car for over a year now with now problems. He uses our dyno to make some of his programes. Right now he is develping one for the AMG E55. They seem to put down good number, and if you are goign to do any kind of turbo upgrades they can also Dyno tune your car to match your MODs that you have done.

I should have be getting my car back from the shop in about a week, then I will be getting the chip for my car and I will let you know how it all goes.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
best of luck boss...

ssmith

Mk?R
Car(s)
mkV gti
hey superide!

do u know a Amy Macentire by any chance.....shes from demascus, or, went to that high school.

sorry for being off topic.

ssmith

Mk?R
Car(s)
mkV gti
so whats the deal bro, u work for them or something? cuz ur first 3 posts are all under this topic. not like its a bad thing if u do. i just thought it kinda odd, thats all.

superide

Ready to race!
I do not work for him, he has just been comming to our shop for the last 2-3 weeks tuning and developing the program for our AMG E55. So, I started talking to him and found out that he made a chip for the MKV so I thought I would tell all the local people about it. I thought it would be a nice alternitive for the people that dont want to spend 5-600 bucks on a chip. Also, im sure if we got enought people interested in it he would cut us a killer deal.