GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3dr GTI

dandyandy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
I'm having issues assessing the menu in the multi function display...can anyone help...i reading the manual and it shows how you can change certain settings such as coming home light etc

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Do you have sat nav? If not, you only have the mid-line display and can't make these changes yourself. :frown:

dandyandy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
naaa i didnt get the sat nav...but shouldnt you be still able to change things and activate automatic car lock

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Only if you have access to vag-com or get the dealer to do it!

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
naaa i didnt get the sat nav...but shouldnt you be still able to change things and activate automatic car lock

Yes, you should be able to...

But you can't. :thumbdown: Blame VWAus' poorly thought out options system.

UK buyers can option the MFA+ "highline" display for an extra hundred pounds or so. This gives access to the features you mention. Here you only get it if you option satnav.. Another dumb fu*king move by VWA...

As apextwin said, go see your stealer, unless you know of someone near you with VAGCOM (should be a few places in Melbourne).

dandyandy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
Thanks guys...i already gave vwaus a complaint about my .8cm misalignment on the door...well i guess i'll go to the stealers...lets see what they can rob me off this time.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
I really want radio controls... The MINI's multifunction controls were so much better! :frown:

dandyandy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
have to admit, a bit disappointed with the standard settings of buttons on the steering wheel

dandyandy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
very true, the mute does come in handy...im going to have to buy a vag-com myself

I really want radio controls... The MINI's multifunction controls were so much better! :frown:

You should have ordered a 5-door before February 2005, and you would have got a MY2005 with all the good bits, including the ability to change radio stations and scroll through AM/FM/CD, all of which have progressively been deleted with the release of MY2006 and your MY2007.:biggrin:

Last edited: