GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*DTMautohaus-MeganRacing CatBack

DTM Autohaus

Ready to race!

DTMautohaus will be running a special on the Megan Racing Catback Exhaust...

Megan Racing Catback Exhaust

(From MeganRacing.com)
VW GTI 06+
Model Number : MR-CBS-VWG06T
Megan Racing OE-RS series cat backs are based on factory style, with bigger piping, OEM style polished mufflers and quiet sound. The cat back system is made stainless steel. All pipiing are mandrel bent with a high polished finish. Exhaust system comes with all the necessary hardware needed for a direct bolt on installation. Improves HP with minimal noise.

- Dual 3" tips

- Competible with factory mid pipe connector

- Dyno result: extra 2.6 WHP + 14.5 lb/ft of torque without tuning and any other modification except the catback.

MSRP: $399.00
DTMautohaus Special Pricing = $299 + Shipping
________
MARIJUANA INDICA

Last edited:

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I've heard of Megan Racing with headers and stuff on Jap imports, but how good is this product with Euro's and does anybody have a sound clip?

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Megan = Pepboys brand.... if u cant afford ANYTHING else go for it.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
See I think tasteofink, is wrong, like I said I've heard good stuff of theres, especially with like tCs and stuff, but has anybody ever had Megan Racing on their GTI or other Euro?

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
sorry but megan is the new apc :biggrin:

i wouldnt put anything they make on my car.

:iono: They make an incredibly good Coilover for Subarus and their exhausts have great welds and are mandrel bent. What more could you ask for, besides the big brand name?

EP3SI20

a gun for hire
Car(s)
02 ep3 civic si
from my experience there welds don't hold up...drag strip and broken welds = big problems haha. i put a megan racing test pipe on my friends car and the holes for the spring bolts were so off it took 20 minutes to put it in and 2 hours to bolt it back up. Not worth it in my opinion. My other friend bought a full exhaust from them and a test pipe and the holes were facing the completely wrong direction. he had it installed at a professional shop too and the guys were just standing there looking at eachother not knowing what to do lol.

just my experience of course. Could be different for vdubs. As far as suspension thats what keeps me alive in my car...so i would only go for a good name like h&r, eibach, progress, or in my case something jdm if i had the $$

Accel

Rally Car Champion
Megan racing is good stuff. I have personally installed downpipes on subies for 3 friends and the fitment is perfect, everything is well made. I'm personally buying some coilovers from them in a few weeks, and have heard nothing but good things.

NEWLU

Drag Race Newbie
Megan racing is good stuff. I have personally installed downpipes on subies for 3 friends and the fitment is perfect, everything is well made. I'm personally buying some coilovers from them in a few weeks, and have heard nothing but good things.
ya we all know they make good stuff for japanese cars
but what about dubs?

gtirevo33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV
I think you should convence us to call by explaining the product more. I myself i heard about Megan and i heard there great on japs like everyone else said. If a company holds true to there standards then it should be a good product for Euro. Cause if a company says oh since this is a different brand we're gonna make it worst.

Its almost like comparing it to other things like supermarkets making the same product that is the same as a brand name product.

Cool anyways i like how it gives power and keeps minimal noise for me thats better so cops dont bother or follow anymore than they already do. lol

Oh one more thing if you guys carry the ATP downpipe would it be a good combo with the Megan system? Both are 3 inch so it can work.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
ya we all know they make good stuff for japanese cars
but what about dubs?

How about this, when I get the chance, I'll go with my friend to their shop and check out their MkV GTI (yes they bought one). I'll report back with what I think about their euro stuff.