GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Cover?

Hokietuner

Rally Car Newbie
Has anyone bought a car cover for it yet? I talked to VW and its 200 bucks, Yeah right, for a car cover, you're kidding me.

The problem is the car is so damn short, I measured it 163 inches, so just over 13ft

Anyone?

tgchiriga

Passed Driver's Ed
No he is right. I bought a car cover for my bmw 323is and it cost me $300. it was worth every penny. birds like using my car for target practice.
IMO i would get it.

Tenny

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Bouston said:
A hot day + bird poop + a clean car = :mad:

+1... but when/where will you use it?

tgchiriga

Passed Driver's Ed
GTI 2.0T said:
+1... but when/where will you use it?

I live in an apartment complex, I cover up my car every day(rain or shine).
I even go as far as to cover it even if im not home if i know im going to be gone for a good long while i.e work:thumbdown:

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
I live in the city and if I were to place a cover on my car Id probably be hauled away in a straightjacket...rarely see em being used here...whats the point, ye cant drive it with a cover on. I agree with the principle mr but wouldnt practive this one:drinking:

I lived in an apt complex with underground parking when I had my MKIV, this and u/ground parking at the office meant my black stayed nice and bright for the whole 3 years but now have open air carpark and just couldnt bring myself to this...:respekt:

excal06

Autocross Champion
This might be a stupid question, will the cover from VW thick enough to hold for hails? There will be heavy t-storms next week in my area:frown:
Thx

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
A cover is a really good investment... I think I'll just get a clear bra and call it a day, but I won't rule it out at this point.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
dont think a cover cover that could withstand hail exists, what you could do though is put blankets over the car then put the car cover over that. It will soften the impact of the hail stones.

Hope your car makes it through without a scratch :)

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
tgchiriga said:
I cover up my car every day(rain or shine).

How do you prevent damage when using the cover when the car has dirt on it? Do you only put the cover on after you washed and dryed it? Everyday?

I have a cover for my 911, but never, ever cover it when the car is not clean and dry-not even it dusty.

Covering a wet or dirty car will do more damage than just leaving it uncovered, IMO.