GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Greenville NC

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
whats up guys, i see theres a few people on here around various parts of nc. anyone near greenville?
if you dont know where it is its about an hour (70 or so miles) east of raleigh.
about an hour 45 north of wilmington, hour 45 south of va beach, etc.
i should be getting my mkV sometime at the end of the month so i was seeing if there were enough people around me to set up some meets/rides and stuff.
later guys

Understeer'd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 VW Golf (BPY)
Holding down Ruff Ral', there's a whole crew here, with meets twice a month and shit.

How many MK5s are in G-Vegas? (there're only like 3-5 at State).

I'm down there two times or so a semester. <insert generic Pitt County STD per capita ratio lol joke here>

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
honestly i havent even seen one out here, i know the dealership has sold some but i havent seen any.

but there is someone with an 06 or 07 GLI on campus at ecu, and i saw a mkiv Gti too.
lot of other stuff tho, cobras, sr20det 240's, sti's, evo's. gto's etc.

and yea, you beter b careful out here at ECU.. haha:wink:

i used to live off creedmore rd. in raleigh a while back.
cool theres alot of mkv's out that way, ill deff have to come out to the next gti meet you have. Have a date yet?

o also, you no anyone out in the triangle area that does revo or apr chips, i know theres a place in cary i saw on apr's list of dealers. any good?

Understeer'd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 VW Golf (BPY)
Yes, Black Forest Industries is the complete shit for all of your needs, esp APR software (they have a lower price than others, also a festive seasonal holiday sale). That's the shop in Cary you're talking about. I've been going to them for about two years, mainly just buying parts when I had the e36. The shop's so good that they were the reason I looked at VAGs for my next car in the first place. You should at least go by and get the test software, maybe before our January drive. They seriously awesome people, totally down to earth unlike a stealership or any other tuners I've been to, if a chick worked there, and if I had an interest in family, she'd be carrying my child.

New South Performance is right near UNC and is also really highly rated. They even manufacture shit, like my pimp gauge pod. I've never been there, but they're 'sposed to be good too, also an APR dealer.

Revo puts more strain on the motor than the other re-flashes (most people see like 20psi) and considering the performance contrasts aren't that different from the APR, I've never even considered it, esp with BFI like a block away.

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
yea, if i chip it, ill deff go apr, ill sacrifice a tad bit of performance for reliability, and i like the program to be able to switch from octane programs to stock, just incase i have to go to the stealership for anything.

so guessing ill see u up at the next meet/ride in raleigh?

and black forest can actually give you the test software, kinda like a limited time free trial? pretty sweet, but i guess after driving it as a faster car for a while your not at all ganna like when it sets it back to stock, haha.

ill deff. give them a call about it whenever i get some money, and my gti...