GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Regional Forums > Australia

Old 08-25-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
Coffee
Dubbee Sleeper

Drives: Golf MkV TDI
How to reset "service now" warning?

Can anyone out there tell me how to reset that anoying "service now" alarm that the dealer sets to come on every 10000 k's? I would much prefer to do my own oil changes and not be ripped off at a dealers workshop for the pivilege.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:55 AM   #2
GTI_SS
illektronik

Drives: APR Edition 30 GTI MKV
Send a message via Yahoo to GTI_SS
1. Keys out of ignition- press and hold in trip odometer reset button "0.0" on right hand side of display

2. Still holding this button down, insert key into ignition and put to the on position without starting the car.

3. Display will read "service now"

4. let go of the "0.0" button and depress the "m" button on the left hand side of the display. this will re-set the service reminder. There is no confirmation on the display other than the words "service now" will disappear.

You can confirm that the service reminder has been reset, or check how many kms/days remain until service at any time by taking key out of the ignition and holding in the trip reset "0.0" button for between 3 and 5 seconds. The MFD will display miles and hours until next service.

Last edited by GTI_SS; 08-25-2009 at 01:08 AM.
GTI_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:48 AM   #3
SideFX
Black and White

Drives: CW Mk5 GTI
Send a message via MSN to SideFX Send a message via Skype™ to SideFX
^ Sweet, Thanks for that! I've been hearing the ding everytime I start the car for months now..
SideFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:56 AM   #4
Androo
lolwut... ??

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_SS View Post
1. Keys out of ignition- press and hold in trip odometer reset button "0.0" on right hand side of display

2. Still holding this button down, insert key into ignition and put to the on position without starting the car.

3. Display will read "service now"

4. let go of the "0.0" button and depress the "m" button on the left hand side of the display. this will re-set the service reminder. There is no confirmation on the display other than the words "service now" will disappear.

You can confirm that the service reminder has been reset, or check how many kms/days remain until service at any time by taking key out of the ignition and holding in the trip reset "0.0" button for between 3 and 5 seconds. The MFD will display miles and hours until next service.
Thanks, good instructions.
Androo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:13 AM   #5
Coffee
Dubbee Sleeper

Thank you GTI_SS! I have been searching for this info for months!
Old 08-25-2009, 04:28 AM   #6
NSJ202
Banned

Drives: Girls Car
Ill remember that for when i sell the car, kidding
NSJ202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:36 AM   #7
YouSnooze
You won't feel a thing ;)

Drives: For Show, putts for dough
Alternatively you can VCDS it & choose various options like reminder for miles, time etc.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #8
Coffee
Dubbee Sleeper

'Scuse my ignorance, but what is VDCS?
Old 08-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #9
MK005
Oval Champion

Drives: MY09 GTI Pirelli 5dr DSG
on this topic how do u reset tyre warning? mine popped up yesterday & i have since checked pressures which are all spot on but can't get the damn light off!
MK005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:09 AM   #10
Maverick
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 08 GTI DSG Leather CW
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK005 View Post
on this topic how do u reset tyre warning? mine popped up yesterday & i have since checked pressures which are all spot on but can't get the damn light off!
RTFM!

It's in the glovebox in the leather folder.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #11
MK005
Oval Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
RTFM!

geez ass dont have ur period now.... simple question just thought id ask not everyone has read the 200page manual... i would of got around to checking it tomorrow, but thought id ask here incase it was something simple! douche...
Old 08-25-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
jaush
Aus Liebe zum Automobil

Drives: MKV R32
Quote:
geez ass dont have ur period now.... simple question just thought id ask not everyone has read the 200page manual... i would of got around to checking it tomorrow, but thought id ask here incase it was something simple! douche...
The TPMS button is next to your ESP button. Just press and hold it until the light in your instrument cluster 'Dings!' and extinguishes. 3 second job
jaush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #13
MK005
Oval Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaush View Post
The TPMS button is next to your ESP button. Just press and hold it until the light in your instrument cluster 'Dings!' and extinguishes. 3 second job
thank you! a simple answer to a simple question.. amazing!

u know what? i knew i saw the button somewhere but only checked the tyres tonight in the dark at like 10pm on my way home and couldn't see much in the dark, i had a feeling it was in the scroll menu somewhere & thats the only place I checked, i was going to investigate further tomorrow.

I think I have an electrical gremlin as the tyre pressure was spot on all 4 and i've had other wierd things happening lately!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #14
Maverick
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
thank you! a simple answer to a simple question.. amazing!

u know what? i knew i saw the button somewhere but only checked the tyres tonight in the dark at like 10pm on my way home and couldn't see much in the dark, i had a feeling it was in the scroll menu somewhere & thats the only place I checked, i was going to investigate further tomorrow.

I think I have an electrical gremlin as the tyre pressure was spot on all 4 and i've had other wierd things happening lately!
You still don't understand how it works, the manual explains how it works and when it should be pressed.

If the TPMS has not been set correctly (which clearly it hasn't as you don't know how to do it) it can't operate correctly so it will have nothing to do with the "weird" things that you have happening.

Seriously read the manual and those "weird" things might stop occurring, you'll learn all sorts of things like not touching the brake pedal when on the accelerator or you'll lose power as the electronic accelerator will be cut.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:56 AM   #15
MK005
Oval Champion

I never had to set it as the dealer explained it was set and after 5months i've never had an issue.

Weird things refers to several! other electrical issues i've had with the head up display.

I will actually read some of the manual more thoroughly though there is one tip that is good advice but please feel free to pull your fucken head in and not act in such a condescending way to me in future.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #16
Maverick
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
I never had to set it as the dealer explained it was set and after 5months i've never had an issue.
RTFM and you'd understand you can't just leave it, it should be set after you inflate the tyres.

Quote:
I will actually read some of the manual more thoroughly though there is one tip that is good advice but please feel free to pull your fucken head in and not act in such a condescending way to me in future.
I answered your question but you clearly wanted someone to wipe your arse and not just explain the process

You might want to start your own thread next time as well rather than hijack someone else's.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #17
NahbutsGTI
EUROTHRASH

Drives: MkV TR 5dr GTI
ok,ok,ok... just chill fellas.

Did you know that the dealer(sunny coast not brissie) wanted $80 off me to reset the service light, which THEY forgot to reset? 80 DOLLARS!!! 2 Minutes work... 80 DOLLARS!!! hmmmmm, I was a bit pissed off to say the least. Maybe we're all in the wrong trade! You just saved me 80 bucks! Cheers boys!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:27 PM   #18
MK005
Oval Champion

Mav you really are a sad little man aren't you? haha pathetic...
Old 08-25-2009, 06:18 PM   #19
Maverick
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Mav you really are a sad little man aren't you? haha pathetic...
Not as pathetic as someone who can't wipe his own arse. By the way dickhead you were told about how the TPMS works back when you first posted whinging about it, I guess 6 months isn't enough time for you to open the manual and set the TPMS.

Anyway you can go back to whinging now about how gutless and slow it is compared to your VE SS and how you can't win any street races. Don't forget to complain about electrical gremlins that are linked to your inability to pump the tyres up
Old 08-25-2009, 06:27 PM   #20
MK005
Oval Champion

haha god you're such a tosser
Old 08-25-2009, 10:55 PM   #21
Yom
"50 Shades of Yom"

Drives: Mk5 GTI
Just checked mine out of curiosity.

Says 16000km or 495 days until next service. Which is interesting as according to the Aussie service schedual I am meant to service it in ~4500km.
Yom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:17 PM   #22
KWICKS
Now older and wiser

Drives: GTI BM 6MT, Liberty 3.0RB
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
RTFM!

Even my SWMBO managed to achieve this after her tyres were replaced - all by herself without consulting anything but the manual.