GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally Here !!!!! Rainbow Speakers

edison_GTI

Candy White FTW
Car(s)
2006 GTI
After a month of waiting, my Rainbow IQ's arrived today straight from Germany. They are the IQ series 3-way for MKV front doors.

So far I'm very impressed with the package. I won't be able to install them until after finals in two weeks.

Comparing the midbass against my old a/d/s/ set, they look very robust and a tad bigger. Mounting brakets will make installation a breeze. I'm not that impressed with the tweeters look, however, they are suppossed to be excellent (CAL25). I already have an AudioControl EQS and Kicker S12L5. All that is left to buy is the amp, Alpine PDX 4.150.

Some pictures for your viewing pleasure:

AudioControl EQS:

Sincity

Passed Driver's Ed
Beautiful:thumbsup: Do they drop right in? Looks like they also include the wiring harness adapters?

GeeTEye

Go Kart Newbie
Makin me jealous..
I have a set of Rainbow Coaxials SL 165's sittinin my den. Gonna have them in the stock 6" location in the rear runnin off deck power. Can't wait until I get all my equip for the install.

andrewt

Autocross Champion
looks great. curious, where did you order the plug and play harnesses from? will you be installing the tweeters in the stock location?

edison_GTI

Candy White FTW
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Plugs and all hardware came with the speaker set. Remember, this are the IQ series which are design specifically for the MKV.

Tweeters will replace the factory ones in the stock location. I might play with the location and with another set of a/d/s/ tweeters I have.

Maseroche

Ready to race!
Waiting to hear your review once you've got these installed.