GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Please post pics of your aftermarket headunit.

Sincity

Passed Driver's Ed
I am still debating as to keeping the stock system or switching out to a aftermarket headunit. I found a few pics here, but, I need more pics to convince myself. I am only interested in a single DIN unit.

Sincity

Passed Driver's Ed
Bump for pics. Come on....is everyone that happy with their OEM headunit?

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie

^ uses Vw own Din adaptor part no. 1K0 857 058 3x1 a FAR better fit, finish and match than any aftermarket version

Last edited:

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
^ uses Vw own Din adaptor part no. 1K0 857 058 3x1 a FAR better fit, finish and match than any aftermarket version

Is this able to accept a double DIN unit? I know alot of the aftermarket ones have a removable center divider. Or is there an OEM Part # for a double din unit.

TIA

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
No its just a single DIN the bottom one is a pocket. Unlike aftermarket ones the pocket is built in not removable.

dubbunit

Nice to CC you
Car(s)
2009 Island Gray CC

Sincity

Passed Driver's Ed
Nomios, the kit (American International) you gave me is pretty nice. Thanks again!:w00t: I see what you mean by the texture not matching. Just kinda weird that the American International kit is probably the only textured one out there.

kmertz101

Question!?

does anybody know a aftermarket dash kit that would fit an indash navigation kit with specs of 2DIN (7" x 4" x 6-1/2") for an 07 rabbit?

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
Speaking of which.....Anyone have any news on a aftermarket head unit with steering wheel controls???

I do believe there was talk Alpine or Eclipse was working on one........

You can maintain the factory steering controls by purchasing a canbus. The one that I recently purchased is the PAC-Can & PAC SWI-PS. *Make sure the can has the latest revision. I think it is revision 1.4.12*