GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Brakes on MKV's

SprintA3

Audi MKV
Car(s)
Audi A3 S-Line
Who is running big brakes here? I'm looking into upgrading in the near future but I want to see what everyone is running currently. My wheels are 19x8 +50, so I will definitely need a spacer to clear any big calipers. Most of the caliper templates I've tried to fit look like I will need a good deal of clearance.

If you have a BBK, please post up who you went with and your wheel specs. Thanks.

Oh and pics are hugely encouraged...

G-TEE-I

Ready to race!
Sorry, I know not the greatest of pics to show the brakes behind the wheel, but here's my Brembo 355mm kit. Wheels are 19x8.5 et32

ravashanks

Passed Driver's Ed
Who is running big brakes here? I'm looking into upgrading in the near future but I want to see what everyone is running currently. My wheels are 19x8 +50, so I will definitely need a spacer to clear any big calipers. Most of the caliper templates I've tried to fit look like I will need a good deal of clearance.

If you have a BBK, please post up who you went with and your wheel specs. Thanks.

Oh and pics are hugely encouraged...

I run AP racing 4 pots behind my 18X8, et+47 Work wheels without any problems. Rotor size is a demure 330mm though. Moving up to AP 6 Pots in a couple of weeks and no clearance issues either (rotor size is the same 330mm). Even the AP racing 6 pots with 355mm rotors have no issues with clearance on 18" wheels with a +4x offset i believe... no pics at the moment... sorry. i'll post once i'm on the 6 pots. cheers.

SprintA3

Audi MKV
Car(s)
Audi A3 S-Line
Even the AP racing 6 pots with 355mm rotors have no issues with clearance on 18" wheels with a +4x offset i believe... no pics at the moment... sorry. i'll post once i'm on the 6 pots. cheers.

Very good news. I'm going to try every caliper fitment bracket I can find this weekend. I just don't want to run huge spacers in the front. 8mm or smaller would be ideal. I'll see if I can find an AP racing template.

Thanks for your input.

mkvdubber

Ready to race!
Car(s)
335xi
I'm probably one of the few running stoptech's bbk and love it!