GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Has your DSG ever broken?

Has your DSG ever malfunctioned?

• Total voters

Lucidity

Marx
That's a good point. Just frustrating to know that the failure rate isn't as low as would most of us would like.

Does anyone know if there is anything in particular, that a driver does, that could possibly cause a DSG to malfunction?

I'd also have to imagine that the units Porsche and Bugatti use were tested more extensively and are made with more quality control.

Edit: Aside from shifting into neutral or doing neutral bomb drops I think you should be good. If the DSG messes up besides that it's due to a malfunctioning unit or in proper programming.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
My big question is how many people out there that are having problems with their DSG drive a 2008 or 2009 GTI?
Those cars seem to be a majority of the problems...

arekux

aka Gogo
Car(s)
03 Mercedes C32
Flashed PRNDS, tranny replaced at around 30k miles, now i have 40k.

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 BMP GTI
Bump for moar voting quantity count by forum members of the best golf mkv site in the world, www.golkmkv.com, for extremely informative & educational statistical analytical purposes! :thumbsup:

(too much coffee this morning... :biggrin: )

Last edited:

csc129

2008 GTI/FSI DSG. Car's at dealership waiting on Mech. Car jerks from a stop. Lurches when coming to a stop. Reverse is like a bucking bronco. Reverse up hill, car rolls forward up to two car lengths before clutch engages. I wish they would replace the mech with a clutch pedal. Only reason I bought DSG was when stuck in stop and go traffic and gf can't drive a manual. Gf starts from a stop better than this thing and I'd rather blow my knee out in stop and go that continuing to get whiplash and beating the hell out of the tranny components.

Other than that, wouldn't drive anything else!

:rolleyes:

rbgti

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a new 2009 gti. only 1200 miles or something. but whenever i slow down and almost stopped it lurches and the same thing happens when i start accelarating from around the same speed. i think thats normal...?
no mods no nothing completely stock except for rims.
but other than the lurches i love it. shifts so fast

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 BMP GTI
I have a new 2009 gti. only 1200 miles or something. but whenever i slow down and almost stopped it lurches and the same thing happens when i start accelarating from around the same speed. i think thats normal...?
no mods no nothing completely stock except for rims.
but other than the lurches i love it. shifts so fast

Do you drive in manual or D mode? You'll get used to the lurches... sometimes they seem worse than others. Definately seem smoother in manual mode though.

DSG often acts like it's kind of confused at lower speeds & always sails smooth as hell while accelerating... guess it's a trade off. :biggrin:

MoB$TER

streetracing newbie
70K Kilometers
Mods in sig, no problems so far.

rbgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you drive in manual or D mode? You'll get used to the lurches... sometimes they seem worse than others. Definately seem smoother in manual mode though.

DSG often acts like it's kind of confused at lower speeds & always sails smooth as hell while accelerating... guess it's a trade off.

I drive in both. Usually drive manual on street and D on freeway. I only put it in sport when I want to show off :biggrin: