GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will RNS 510 with Dynaudio fit my car?

abracadabra

I need some help.

I bought my 2007 GTI with RNS MFD DVD and now I want to switch to RNS-510. I found a pretty good deal on this one:

As you see, it says "Sound by DynAudio". What are the main differences between the standard one and the dynaudio one? Do I need any special speakers, wires or antenna for it? Finally, which one would you choose?

It's: 1T0 035 680 B

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Wouldn't be any different, probably out of a Passat or something that came with the dynaudio system (or at least the firmware for it).

abracadabra

So I understand that it'll work exactly the same as the standard RNS 510 (without Dynaudio) and that it also has some potential for future upgrades (if I decide to buy e.g. better speakers)?

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
So I understand that it'll work exactly the same as the standard RNS 510 (without Dynaudio) and that it also has some potential for future upgrades (if I decide to buy e.g. better speakers)?

I am betting you need to make a VAG-COM change.
I am unfamiliar with the RNS-510, but the MFD2 DVD you are replacing has such a setting,
it is reasonable to assume the RNS-510 has a similar one.

The 'Sound System Correction' setting will adjust outputs accordingly ...

Technic

Ultimate Driver's Wanted
I need some help.

I bought my 2007 GTI with RNS MFD DVD and now I want to switch to RNS-510. I found a pretty good deal on this one:

As you see, it says "Sound by DynAudio". What are the main differences between the standard one and the dynaudio one? Do I need any special speakers, wires or antenna for it? Finally, which one would you choose?

It's: 1T0 035 680 B

You need to remove the Dynaudio code from this unit and set it to either "Sound System" (VW Sound/non-Dynaudio OEM amp) or "No Sound System" (no OEM amp at all for direct power to the speakers).