GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

feels like a fuel cut .. but its not

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
feels like a fuel cut .. but its not .. BAD UPDATE/Please Help

i didnt get any fuel related faults in the ECU ...

i got "intake manifold runner control ... basic setting not carried out"

and " circuit a ... voltage something " i dont remember

and the dealer dont know what to do ... please help ,,, mods in my sig

Last edited:

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
pleae help guys .... at first it was happening in 4th gear only ... then it got worse and it started happening in every gear ... it feels exactly like a fuel cut :S .. could there be something wrong with the installation of my BSH relocation kit? some pipe got loose or something? or the PCV or anything related to the kit?

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like, you might be pulling a good amount of timing...maybe even dropping into ATDC overall timing advance. From my understanding, the BSH DV Intake MAF Piece might have some negative effects...do you happen to own a VagCom (or know someone in the area)? If so, you need to pull the data from block 32 in VCDS...this informaiton will tell us your LTFT and provide us a piece of informaiton so we can begin to help.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
i dont know anyone with a vag, except for a friend who lives 5 hours away :( ...

i got these scans from the dealer, i almost didnt understand a word from what you said :p

anyone had the same issues, please reply

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
LOL...sorry about the technical explanation.

Let me try to put it this way...

Basically, the MAF section of your BSH DV kit might be causing your car to pull timing (ie power loss). The only way to check to see if this is the case is to perform the above procedures through VagCom. Do you happen to know when you purchased the BSH DV kit? It might be something to contact Phill about...he's aware that some of these kits could have a small variance in the MAF Intake Portion of the kit and is very helpful when it comes to his customers.

grada89

Go Kart Champion
I don't know but if your car is surging, and losses power randomly while driving, which causes the car to jerk then thats what i had. Feels exactly like a fuel cut but no faults are thrown by the ecu.

All i can say is many dealers tried to fix it...engineer flew in and couldn't fix it so VW is now buying my car back. To be exact next week Wed. :headbang:

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
I don't know but if your car is surging, and losses power randomly while driving, which causes the car to jerk then thats what i had. Feels exactly like a fuel cut but no faults are thrown by the ecu.

All i can say is many dealers tried to fix it...engineer flew in and couldn't fix it so VW is now buying my car back. To be exact next week Wed. :headbang:

there's a lot of us with this issue, R32 has a recall coming out for it for an issue related to the fuel tank ventilation valve due to the jerking. Dealership near me said they aren't allowed to talk about it followed by the tech sitting with the service advisor hinting at the DBW system and winking and mentioning something about testing some new parts on a loaner car. It does seem to be somewhat temp related as well as most of the problem cars I've been able to locate have been in warmer climates and the R recall claims the issue to happen in high ambient temps. So I'm just taking the wait it out, there's a solution around the corner suggestion I've been given since I'm pretty deep into the car with mods.

grada89

Go Kart Champion
I had the whole entire fueling system replaced on my GTI from gas tank, to fueling lines, to the Fueling unit, both fuel pumps, canister, bunch of sensors, fuel filter, and more that I can't even remember. VW just gave up since they probably put more money than half of whats it worth.

Either way I'm upset to let my car go since I always loved VW and still do , but I'm looking to get a bimmer.

GL with fixing ur car.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
^^ whats wrong in that picture? so i know when i look at mine

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
LOL...sorry about the technical explanation.

Let me try to put it this way...

Basically, the MAF section of your BSH DV kit might be causing your car to pull timing (ie power loss). The only way to check to see if this is the case is to perform the above procedures through VagCom. Do you happen to know when you purchased the BSH DV kit? It might be something to contact Phill about...he's aware that some of these kits could have a small variance in the MAF Intake Portion of the kit and is very helpful when it comes to his customers.

thanks man .. ill try contacting phill

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
thanks itsagoodname .. ill check it out once i get my car .. its currently at the dealer

doctorgonzo what did you experience?

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
Damnit mine's the left one.

That explains a lot.

:mad0259:

I sent back my old maf housing and they sent me a new one. It looks just like the BSH true flow intake pipe... in fact, im pretty sure it is part of the true flow, just without the rest of the intake pipe welded on.

my LTFT's with the updated maf section are around -1% to -3%

much better than the 14% with the incorrect maf section.