GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door card Lights up at night?

japoipnoi

jg021v
Car(s)
Rabbit S 2.5
Do GTI's have the door card that lights up at night to give light to stepping in or out of the car? My rabbit did not come with any.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Do GTI's have the door card that lights up at night to give light to stepping in or out of the car? My rabbit did not come with any.

No, not US market GTIs at least. ROW gets a combo puddle light / reflector where we have just a reflector in the lower edge of the door card.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M

nintendodude

Banned
Car(s)
Jetta
they dont. they just reflect. I was pissed about mine not lighting, bad enough we dont get puddle lights under the mirrors like the 05.5s....

nukemm

Car(s)
2009 VW GTI 4-door
My MKIV had door card lights. Bummer that the MKV doesn't.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
So yes the 06 Jetta has lights in the door cards? Do you have any pics? Maybe this can be an OEM DIY.

It is an inexpensive mod, the combo entry light / reflector is a direct swap. In the 2006 GTI (and likely later years), the door controller supports the light. A repair wire to connect it to the controller, mating connector for the light and the light itself, VAG-COM to activate.

I actually plan on doing this mod shortly, I need to pull the door card to repair water / corrosion damage to the electrics anyway. Might as well wire and install the light at the same time.

Thought it was just the 2005 new Jetta that had them in the US, 2006 GTI did not for sure.

olegg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
My 06 Jetta TDI had them.
07 GLI doesn`t.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Maybe this is what u are looking for, but so far i was able to find it just in UK vw dealer http://www.volkswagenaccessories.co.uk/accessories/details?part_no=1K5071305
There are two types, this one is supposed to light up when u open your doors

That is a sill plate.

The part numbers for the entry light door card mod are ...
(2) 1K0 947 411 A - Door Entry Light
(2) 1J0 971 972 - 2-Pin Connector
(2) 000 979 019 – Wire Set
(1) 000 979 018 – Wire Set (one wire is enough for two doors)
VAG-COM required for activation.

Last edited: