GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Track MkV GTI

Quicker10u

Pwned by P90x until....
Car(s)
06' GTI
Nice buildup...The only thing I wonder about is getting all that power to the ground with the Stage 3. Other than that, pretty awesome..I already have enough issues with stage 2 in 2nd and 3rd gear corners. I know the diff will help, but I am curious to see how it all works out. Sure is a lot of $$. Subscribed..

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yeah, lol. He wants wider tires too, so that may help. Plus BT's have a different torque curve than the K03's do.

Steelracer

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI (2)
Cars almost complete, first event in may:biggrin:

Steelracer

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI (2)
Very nice. Any pics of the 265's on the car or any from this season (I know it's early)?

We are taking off my pss9's today and putting on the cross suspension. We will test fit the 18x9, 265/35/18, as we adjust the suspension. I will post a few pix. The car is starting for its first time today. Project has taken longer then expected (suprise). We would like to break in all the parts before I go out and play.:thumbsup:

Steelracer

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI (2)
Car started today, first turn of the key. She has not been started for several months now. We ran into a snag with the new rear suspension, so we were unable to take it for a test drive. Also, for people interested in the 265/35/18 fitment, we ran into a slight issue with the forgeline wheels clearing the brake caliper in the front. However, it does look like the tire may rub the shock. Without having the rear shock mounted, we could not mount the rear wheel for shock/tire clearance. I will post an update. Car is 3 weeks out from first event.

uscrew96

Ready to race!
There was a guy that posted on Vortex that he put 285-30-18 on the stock Huffs. With no rub.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
:laughabove:

285's with no rubbing? That may be possible at stock ride height as Dan ran 245/40/17's slammed with no rubbing, but he also had a lot of camber up front. And he was using 17x8 Flik FTD's.

Huffs are only 7.5" wide and aren't going to support a 285 tire period. You need at least a 8.5" wheel to support that wide of a tire I'm thinking.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
:laughabove:

285's with no rubbing? That may be possible at stock ride height as Dan ran 245/40/17's slammed with no rubbing, but he also had a lot of camber up front. And he was using 17x8 Flik FTD's.

Huffs are only 7.5" wide and aren't going to support a 285 tire period. You need at least a 8.5" wheel to support that wide of a tire I'm thinking.

I wouldn't run it on less than a 9" wide wheel.