GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel Rail System Pressure TOO HIGH code

smokey26_02

Ready to race!
The other day when I had the problem with my car it said that I was running to lean.

Yesterday the car went into limp mode 3 minutes after starting it up in the morning. The following is the code that went off. What is the real problem according to this code?

Thursday,29,January,2009,23:14:12:30079
VCDS Version: Release 805.2
Data version: 20090111

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 01: Engine
Control Module Part Number: 1K0 907 115 H
Component and/or Version: 2.0l R4/4V TFSI 0030
Software Coding: 0403010A1C070160
Work Shop Code: WSC 14133
1 Fault Found:

000136 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure: Too High
P0088 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100001
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 43073 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 09:05:41

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 5546 /min
Load: 22.3 %
Speed: 72.0 km/h
Temperature: 47.0°C
Temperature: 20.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 1010.0 mbar
Voltage: 14.224 V

Readiness: 0000 0000

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
thrust sensor been replaced?

the sensor read a reading higher then expected. get the dealer to look at it and replace the sensor if it hasn't been just to make sure it's nothing major.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
No, I do have the autotech fuel pump on my car. Am taking it to the shop where they installed everything to take a look at it.

sensor is still there. on the front point left and down. there is a service bulletin to replace the sensor. do you also have a HPFP file now that you've added the pump?

smokey26_02

Ready to race!
Yes I got the revo stage 2+ file on my car. Am pretty sure the sensor you are talking about has not been replaced. I have revo stage 2+, autotech fuel pump, atp downpipe, if i take the car to the VW dealership will they saw anything?

I got the sps+ so i can program it to stock but it will throw a code for the atp DP though. I do know a couple of guys at the VW dealership so maybe they can work on my car and help me out.

What is your suggestion?

Chris from revo said to have the shop take a look at the DV and make sure its opening and closing right and to relube it just to be on the safe side.

I got everything installed less than 3 weeks ago so i dont know why i should be having a problem.

Thanks for the help.

GTIracer

Streetracer
Car(s)
Golf MKV GTI
here a pic:

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
here a pic:

that is the TSI motor, note the 4 lob cam and thrust sensor on the fuel rail.

take it to the shop, have them check it out. clear the code. if it comes back i'd go to a dealer and ask to have the sensor replaced. there is a bulletin on elsa web for it.

GTIracer

Streetracer
Car(s)
Golf MKV GTI
that is the TSI motor, note the 4 lob cam and thrust sensor on the fuel rail.

take it to the shop, have them check it out. clear the code. if it comes back i'd go to a dealer and ask to have the sensor replaced. there is a bulletin on elsa web for it.

i know but a good pic to show where the fuel rail sensor is.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL