GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Technical Discussions > DIY + Maintenance + Tips/Tricks

Old 01-29-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
06 black magic gti
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2006 BMP GTI 6spd
windsheild washer not working

went to use my windsheild washers today and nothing happenend. i checked the resevor and it was dry, filled her back up and still nothing, i cant even hear the pump turning on. could the pump be froze since there was not fluid in the tank. or maybe the pump just took a shit and died?

GAIC~ATP DP~ATP INTAKE~ATP DV RE-ROUTE KIT~FORGE 007 DV~42DD STEALTH CC
POWDERCOATED BLACK CLASSIX~H&R SUPER SPORTS~.:R-LINE FOG COVERS~.:R-LINE LOWER GRILL~BLACK TAIL LIGHTS~BLACK VW EMBLEMS~ECS 50MM ANTENNA~SELF MADE SHIFTKNOB AND RED STITCHED SHIFT BOOT~SELF MADE RED STITCHED LOOK STEERING WHEEL

UBER MKV
http://www.myspace.com/hxcteen
06 black magic gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
UMassJ77
JawnY

Drives: 2006 VW GTI UG - DSG
Send a message via AIM to UMassJ77
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 black magic gti View Post
went to use my windsheild washers today and nothing happenend. i checked the resevor and it was dry, filled her back up and still nothing, i cant even hear the pump turning on. could the pump be froze since there was not fluid in the tank. or maybe the pump just took a shit and died?
you can also check your fuses...it could just be a blown fuse.
2006 MKV UG GTI DSG / REVO 93 / NEUSPEED P-Flo with AEM Dry Filter / Eibach Pro-Kit Sport / ECS Tuning Dogbone Mount Insert / US R32 Tails / Blue Aspherical Mirrors / In.Pro Smoked Turn Signals / Smoked Sidemarkers / ZiZa LED City and LED License Plate lights / HOEN Endurance Yellow Fogs / RS4 Gunmetal Reps /

UMassJ77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
06 black magic gti

is there fuse diagram avalible? or do i have to just pull all of them one at a time and look for the bad one?

POWDERCOATED BLACK CLASSIX~H&R SUPER SPORTS~.:R-LINE FOG COVERS~.:R-LINE LOWER GRILL~BLACK TAIL LIGHTS~BLACK VW EMBLEMS~ECS 50MM ANTENNA~SELF MADE SHIFTKNOB AND RED STITCHED SHIFT BOOT~SELF MADE RED STITCHED LOOK STEERING WHEEL

UBER MKV
Old 01-29-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
UMassJ77
JawnY

I can email you the FUSE Diagram of MKVs in pdf.

drop me an email at UMASSJ77@HOTMAIL.COM and i will reply with it.
2006 MKV UG GTI DSG / REVO 93 / NEUSPEED P-Flo with AEM Dry Filter / Eibach Pro-Kit Sport / ECS Tuning Dogbone Mount Insert / US R32 Tails / Blue Aspherical Mirrors / In.Pro Smoked Turn Signals / Smoked Sidemarkers / ZiZa LED City and LED License Plate lights / HOEN Endurance Yellow Fogs / RS4 Gunmetal Reps /

Old 01-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
06 black magic gti

email sent. thanks

UBER MKV
Old 01-29-2009, 11:22 PM   #6
UMassJ77
JawnY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 black magic gti View Post
email sent. thanks
sent the pdf.

GL

Old 01-30-2009, 01:55 AM   #7
06 black magic gti

thanks alot for the help hopefully its jsut a bad fuse or relay

UBER MKV
Old 02-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #8
06 black magic gti

so i ended up checking out all the fuses and everything seemed ok....the next day it was above freezing and the windsheild washers were working just fine. ...then again the next night (9 degrees) they stopped working. i remembered there being a fuse for left and righ washer nozzles...i checked them and the fuse is fine. im sure it has to be the nopzzle heaters if it works when it warmer out and not when its really cold.

UBER MKV
Old 02-06-2009, 02:42 AM   #9
FlyingFlynn
Missing the snow

Drives: 08 UG r32
see if you can blow out the lines completely. Then refill with water and an additive so it won't freeze. some of that shit you get at the gas station is too thick, messes up the pump.
FlyingFlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:14 AM   #10
franklinhid
Oval Newbie

Drives: honda civic
yea just waste everything in there asap and get some windshield washer fluid

god forbig there freeze ur lines and break em.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #11
krayzie
I LIKE IT STOCK!

Drives: Volkswagen Golf GTI Fahrenheit
Send a message via MSN to krayzie
Add vodka into the tank should do the trick, lowering the freezing point.
Ride: Volkswagen Golf Mk V GTI Fahrenheit #140/150

Style: OEM+ and Techno-Functionalism

Quote: "Noise is a form of energy and the less you hear means the more you use for propulsion." - Ulrich Baretzky | Head of Engine Technology @ Audi Sport
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:21 PM   #12
06 black magic gti

well when i originally noticed that my washers wernt working i think i may have been out of fluid....i was really low but not out, i bought some good new stuff with a freezing point of -25f. and on one of the warmer days when they worked i turned them on for a long time to get the old fluid out.... they didnt work again last night car said 6 degrees but they work now 42 degrees

UBER MKV
Old 02-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #13
Pat the Rat
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2008 VW GTI /4 dr/Autobahn
Did you ever get your washers working again? My rear washer quit on me and I don't know why. It's been too cold lately to see if warm weather might cure it. I wanted to blow out the lines with my air compressor but am not sure how to even get to them!
Pat the Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:30 PM   #14
spartanrabbit09
ask me about my wiener

Drives: 09 UB MKV Rabbit
this same thing happened to my rabbit...i just took it back to the dealer and they gave a new rear motor and cleaned/ replaced the lines...
Old 02-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #15
Pat the Rat
Autocross Newbie

I can definitely hear the motor, so I believe that's working (could be running and not pumping, but I doubt it). The fact that my front ones work makes me think it's not frozen (I have -25 fluid in there), so i suspect some sort of blockage or a disconnected line. I'll have to figure out the best way to access the lines near the reservoir.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:49 PM   #16
Pat the Rat
Autocross Newbie

Today I pulled the foglight grill to see if I could get at the lines near the reservoir, but I'm not sure how they come off. Do they just pull off? I was afraid of breaking it and having all the fluid run all over the place. So I put the grill back on and put a basketball needle valve on my compressor and tried to blow air back thru the line from the nozzle on the back window to the reservoir. Well, I could actually hear the fluid in the reservoir bubbling from the air running, but when I go to use the washer pump, i got like one little spurt and that was it. And now I can't hear the pump going anymore! May as well just take it to the dealer. Grrrrr!
Old 02-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #17
spartanrabbit09
ask me about my wiener

Drives: 09 UB MKV Rabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat the Rat View Post
Today I pulled the foglight grill to see if I could get at the lines near the reservoir, but I'm not sure how they come off. Do they just pull off? I was afraid of breaking it and having all the fluid run all over the place. So I put the grill back on and put a basketball needle valve on my compressor and tried to blow air back thru the line from the nozzle on the back window to the reservoir. Well, I could actually hear the fluid in the reservoir bubbling from the air running, but when I go to use the washer pump, i got like one little spurt and that was it. And now I can't hear the pump going anymore! May as well just take it to the dealer. Grrrrr!
the dealer can be your friend....only if its under warrenty!
Old 03-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #18
Pat the Rat
Autocross Newbie

I may have found the culprit:
http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/273229/2155528.aspx
I'll have to tear the hatch panel off and see.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #19
Pat the Rat
Autocross Newbie

Took it to the dealer today since I have a bumper to bumper warranty and they said they need to order some kind of nozzle for the wiper motor in the back. so i take it back in 2 days from now. at least they washed my car for me!

update: dealer never got the part in yet, but for some reason the washer is working again. maybe he fixed something when he took it apart to see what's wrong? maybe it thawed out? don't know.

Last edited by Pat the Rat; 03-14-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #20
rayreay
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: golf mk5 gt tdi 140.
Hi there my mk5's washer is not working properly and is just dripping out not like the drivers side any help would be great guys
rayreay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #21
Pat the Rat
Autocross Newbie

The dealer never called me back to fix my rear washer, but magically it has been working since they put it back together again. But sometimes it will not work for days, then all of a sudden start working again. My rear wiper also decided not to work for a couple days, then after restarting (rebooting?) it's been working fine too. Weird electro-voodoo.