GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waywell WD6050 Multimedia/GPS Head Unit Info thread

sadriver

I did a lot of research on the web for nav systems and this definately looks like the real deal. Can't wait for 2 feb do get a quote and i hope they ship to south africa. thanx for the write up and pics...

MastaG

Hi Guys, I'm a friend of SlyOne -- I don't drive a VW, but I am interested in buying another model of head unit from this manufacturer -- namely, the WD7103. It has very similar features but is a standard double din head unit. I would be very interested to know how you guys who bought these devices are doing with them after a few weeks of heavy use as my main concern is reliability and the quality of their service and support. They seem like a fantastic deal though, don't they?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
wow, all these newbies with 1 post wanted a nav system! haha, the unit is solid in my opinion! Everything works as suggested in the ads and reliable thus far... I've had it in for almost 2 weeks already. iGO8 is a fantastic GPS system and the sound is great on the radio/cd/dvd/sd (can't speak for ipod as I don't have one). I've loaded up a dual layer DVD R+ with 8.5 gbs of music and it plays it all... that's a lot of music on a dvd by the way! Also loaded up .avi video files and .mp3s on the spare SD slot and that works just as well and faster load times than the cd/dvd drive too. Can't speak for TV either, but some say it is good with a good antenna. Radio works fine and so does RDS... DVD video looks and sounds incredible! Do yourself a favor and get one of these!! Awesome, cheap device... I'm starting to sound like a spokesperson... lol

gh172

Ready to race!
Hello. Is this compatible with the iphone? Thanks a lot!

I have an iphone and it pairs with it no problem as a bluetooth connection.

kv12

Ready to race!
For those living in Toronto, Canada who are ordering, just wanted to let you know it will take longer than most to ship (ie: Aus, US) Waywell uses China EMS to ship to Canada. I ordered Friday. Shipped on Sunday (Which was monday in China) and it just reached Vancover and now being inspected by Customs which might take a few days. I'll keep you guys posted on shipment times for Canadians out there who wanted to order.

SlyOne

SlyOne
Car(s)
VW GOLF R32 2008
Hey Guys, how you going? It seems this deck is kick the rns 510 in nuts, does anyone have the dimensions for these deck as the site has no information on this. Also i have confirmed that the supplier/manufacture are bit slow being Chinese New Years.

Anyway VW rules as we set the standard for the other makes to come to this site!!!

Happy track day!!

MastaG

wow, all these newbies with 1 post wanted a nav system! haha, the unit is solid in my opinion! Everything works as suggested in the ads and reliable thus far... I've had it in for almost 2 weeks already. iGO8 is a fantastic GPS system and the sound is great on the radio/cd/dvd/sd (can't speak for ipod as I don't have one). I've loaded up a dual layer DVD R+ with 8.5 gbs of music and it plays it all... that's a lot of music on a dvd by the way! Also loaded up .avi video files and .mp3s on the spare SD slot and that works just as well and faster load times than the cd/dvd drive too. Can't speak for TV either, but some say it is good with a good antenna. Radio works fine and so does RDS... DVD video looks and sounds incredible! Do yourself a favor and get one of these!! Awesome, cheap device... I'm starting to sound like a spokesperson... lol

Thanks, mate -- that's all I wanted to know. I'll be putting an order in for a WD7103 as soon as Chinese New Year ends. I'll try and post a video and review once I get the unit.

kv12

Ready to race!
It just arrived 30 minutes ago and I installed it and it works great!! The quality is there the fit and finish is superb! I'm speechless. Now I am going to go out for lunch and maybe some pics and reviews tonight. :)

kfeng

Ready to race!
It just arrived 30 minutes ago and I installed it and it works great!! The quality is there the fit and finish is superb! I'm speechless. Now I am going to go out for lunch and maybe some pics and reviews tonight. :)

Nice!! Did you get charged for Duty/Tax/Brokage fee?

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
one quick question. Do you have the illum wire connected? on my unit, the main 2 round buttons ( volume and seek or whatever it does), have very low light, and the rest very bright red light. On your device they all match rest of car. Please tell me what wires did you connect and where. Thanks.
Petrut

I do not have the illum light connected as I leave my inside lights on the brightest setting anyway. I'm not sure what would be wrong with your 2 round knobs.