GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

warhead

Passed Driver's Ed
Or when you're on any screen ( as long as it isn't NAVI ) and you see the blue and gray coloured interface (same interface as browsing the SD card), you can press the top left corner of the screen and it'll take you to a "home" page with 2 rows of icons.

Just pick BT from there. I find this easier than to go through the SRC button.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
wow... this thread has really gone to crap lately....

If it's any consolation, I absolutely love my WD6050. It does exactly what I wanted it to do and does it well. After putting the dimkaWRV skin on iGO8 I have all the options and displays I will ever need with a GPS. I have 1 dual layer DVD filled with MP3s that is amazing... no need for radio and I don't miss satellite at all. DVD video works awesome and sounds even better, and when I put .avi or .mpeg/mp4 files on my extra sd card they load up fast and look great as well. Nothing like watching a comedy show while on a long roadtrip. Easy for the driver to listen and have eyes forward and the passenger(s) are entertained.

That's all, just wanted to put this thread back on WD6050 topic with a positive review!

I have the unit without MFD integration and I really don't miss it at all... the skip track buttons are right on the top left of the unit not 4 inches from my right hand and the skip buttons on the steering wheel anyways. Got used to it after a few days and will never look back. Any one else notice that the "OK" button on the right side of the wheel is a pause button (not mute) while in CD/DVD mode?

Cheers :burnrubber:

olegg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
Can some one post a little video of the unit in operation.
How fast is scrolling tracks on cd/dvd/sd?

DaveOZ

Ready to race!
Any one else notice that the "OK" button on the right side of the wheel is a pause button (not mute) while in CD/DVD mode?

Cheers :burnrubber:

Yeah, mine does that to.

One thing I would change is to make SRC button bring up the home screen rather than scroll though sources. Sometimes it's hard to see the yellow text.

RedGTI34

Passed Driver's Ed
Status: Delivered! Can't wait to get out of here to get home and see it! I'll have to wait til the weekend to install it (my brother is a tech at a GM dealer that also sells VWs).

Please let me know of any picture requests that you all have - install, unit itself, etc...I'll do my best to oblige!

stangg172006

____ like a Rabbit.
Car(s)
'08 Rabbit S
Status: Delivered! Can't wait to get out of here to get home and see it! I'll have to wait til the weekend to install it (my brother is a tech at a GM dealer that also sells VWs).

Please let me know of any picture requests that you all have - install, unit itself, etc...I'll do my best to oblige!

jennings vw?

mooselander

Passed Driver's Ed
OMFG it works. Now I can when I play my iPhone through AUX IN I get all sound and video on the head unit. This is the ultimate setup for me as I have loads of medai on my iPhone. Can even play movies and photos. :thumbup:

I fed the iPod cable through just above the coin tray (silver thing). There is a USB charge cable which I can plug into the cig charger if I want, might hard wire this one day.

This is the cable I have

Will take a vid..

Excellent idea! I picked up one of these cables this evening and installed it. Works much better IMO than the Waywell iPod adapter. I already had the USB cigar charger so this worked out perfect.

Better control through the iPod and it charges both my iPod and iPhone! An added bonus is that the iPod is now connected at the rear of the unit (with a real cable).

Side note: I get a lot of feedback/static through the iPod while it's connected to the USB charger. It'd be nice to find a way to filter some of this out.

Anyway, thanks!

Ylian

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered my WD6050, on it's way

I am in Oregon, USA... so pardon the Australian posting, but I ordered my WD6050 directly from Waywell two days ago. I send them an email and they answered quickly, also sent me a DHL shipping numbers and I can now start tracking. It's being shipped from Hong Kong. DHL does not seem to put an estimated time of delivery on their site.

I wanted to ask what type of rear view camera I should get. A quick look on eBay and I noticed some are mounted on the rear license plate frame. Seems like a good idea. Most have LED lights and not all come with power supplies. So, I also want to know if I need to connect the camera to a special cable so it turns on only in reverse? Or can the LED's be on all the time?

Thanks,
Ylian

kv12

Ready to race!
They have a pretty OEM looking Rear View camera on the waywell website if you wanted to order one. Because the Waywell is CANBUS enabled the rear view cam setup menu has the option of camera coming on when Rear gear is engaged.

Jayro

Old Newbie
W6050 "DI" Sound

Hello to Australia and W6050 owners, Just got my unit today, It is marked model 7301 and it dropped straight in. The MFD display in the dash seems to operate just as the w6050.(left hand buttons only)(I have highline display)
I bought mine from a Ebayer in Taiwan and his despatch time was excellent.
All seems to be fine, but I have one point I need help on please.
In the problem section of the handbook under Navigation, I have a similar symtom as described " the prompt sound of navigation only has "DI" sound.
When the IGO8 is loaded the music from all sources is interupted by a constant regular "DI" sound.
I cannot fathom out what they are saying or mean in the handbook to correct it, if that is the correction?. Any body got anything similar? or know what the fix is. Thanks Richard

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
press the top right button until "NAVI" in yellow dissapears... then the voice will speak over the music and not interrupt it. Is that what you are talking about?