GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Turbo Upgrade Thread!!! K04 VS GT28 VS GT30

gti314

mkv-gti-fast
Car(s)
'08 GTI MKV
Now we all know the stock k03 is great if your just looking to do all bolt ons and sit around 280whp-ish(rough estimate depending on mods)...but there is many people not satisfied with that limited k03...So here is a thread about all turbo upgrades available at the moment....APR/ATP/VF/EUROJET...

First we have Eurojets K04 kit which sits really cheap at about $2850 base price...

Delete Diverter Re-Route [Subtract -$150.00]
Add Eurojet FMIC [Add $649.00]
Add Throttle Body Upgrade [Add $150.00]
Add Methanol Injection Fitting [Add $25.00]
Add Catback Exhaust [Add $449.00]
Add Turboback Exhaust [Add $799.00]
Add Autotech Fuel Pump [Add $300.00]

In the end you'd need the fuel pump of course, then either their turbo back or another brand downpipe which is about 320...and software available ranges from 750-799 soon when revo's k04 software comes out...then you can add for any other options above you'd want..end hp would range about 315-345 with other bolt ons...

Next we have apr's k04 kit which offers the same borge warner turbo as eurojet...pricing at 5,000 with fuel pump...then of course the software is included and you must run an apr full exhaust with the kit which is around $1349....

Next there is atp's gt2871r (400hp) limits and gt28rs (350hp) limit.....on kmd's site they are offered gt2871r $2443 base price and gt28rs $2394 base price....then you'd have to include the pump and injectors fueling kit at around $1060....plus $950 on software..

Then there is aprs GT2871APR Ball Bearing Turbocharger running $7299 w. intercooler and fuel pump for 6mt only...

Finally there is vfs gt28(rss) kit running $5500...with all of the below included....

RSS-20 kit includes:
- GT2871 Garrett Turbo Compatible with 6spd/DSG
- VF cast split cavity exhaust manifold
- Gaskets and high tensile studs and hardware
- Goodrich proprietary oil / water lines with heat shielding
- VF custom exhaust adapter plate with gaskets and studs
- VF short ram CAI with filter and MAF heat shield
- VF stainless support bracket with lateral support
- VF billet race bypass valve
- Autotech highflow fuel pump
- Hitachi highflow fuel injectors (6ms@11:1 afr)
- GIAC recalibrated ECU for pump/race/valet/kill modes
- GIAC Flashloader handheld option for switching software modes
- GIAC speed limiter removed and raised 7300 rpm limiter (6spd)
- GIAC recalibrated MFA MPG counter

Awesome deal there all thats needed is a downpipe or some form of exhaust...

And last on the list is atp's gt3071r capable of 500hp...with software seen up to 390hp at 22 psi...in progress of running 30psi on upgraded internals...at a base price of $2695...plus of course the $1059 fueling kit comming with injectors and pump rebuild...

And the odd ball eurojets ej400(equivalent of gt28) kit 400hp capable...at a base price of $4299...all below include but a fuel pump which runs about 300 dollars for a kmd rebuild...

Eurojet Investment Cast Manifold
44mm External Wastegate
EJ Hybrid Ball Bearing Turbo
High Flow Injectors
Eurojet MAF Housing
ECU Upgrade
Eurojet Front Mount Intercooler
Gaskets and Hardware needed for installation

optional items

Delete Diverter Re-Route [Subtract -$150.00]
Add Methanol Injection Fitting [Add $25.00]
Add Catback Exhaust [Add $449.00]

Overall my conclusion is that all of the atp kits are close in price so i dont see why anyone wouldnt just go all the way with the gt30 unless they dont feel like upgrading internals but even then they could detune it so that it runs just the safe amount of hp to not have to upgrade internals...if your looking for a deal go with eurojets k04...if your looking for something in between 300-370hp id go with any of the gt28 kits...and so ive heard apr has awesome quality and awesome tech support if anything happens..If your looking for the most bang for your buck the ej400 and vf rss kits are both great deals for whats included....In the end install estimated at 75 dollars and hr for 10hrs.....

Pm or post up if i forgot or made a mistake on anything which im sure i did...I wrote this for others and my own use as i myself have been tossing it up between how big of a turbo upgrade i wanted to go...please no flaming only useful info......

Last edited:

mkvdubber

Ready to race!
Car(s)
335xi
Dosen't the apr kit come with the software? I believe it does

gti314

mkv-gti-fast
Car(s)
'08 GTI MKV
didnt see the rsr for sale yet on their site maybe offered by others along with revo and giac beta softwares..u going bt kurupt

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Basically we sell complete turn key engine upgrade packages. There's no need to hunt down any parts or mix and match things with a hope it all works well. There's no need to fish around for beta software and there is no tuning needed on your part.

For the 2.0T FSI we currently offer two kits:

ED30/S3 K04 Engine Conversion Package
Stage 3 Turbo Upgrade Package

BOTH KITS INCLUDE ALL SOFTWARE AND ALL HARDWARE YOU'LL NEED (except exhaust). You may purchase the exhaust separately if you do not already have one.

Since the ED30/S3 K04 Engine Conversion Package consists of OEM parts and APR parts many users have hunted down the parts on their own. You'll be glad to know YOU CAN PURCHASE SOFTWARE SEPARATELY if you so desire. :) Remember, its included with the kit but you can buy it seperately if you want.

$299 for existing customers
$899 for new customers

Requirements? (K04/S3 Injectors/high flow exhaust/HPFP upgrade)

Lou_Y2mK5

Go Kart Champion
How about all this for $4,374 ? hehe :thumbsup:

- VF Cast Turbo manifold
- Garret 2860rs Dual Ball Bearing Turbocharger
- Milltek Downpipe
- RS4 Injectors
- VF FMIC (Complete matching kit including the Turbo Discharge Pipe and Throttle Body Pipe)
- All Hardware/Nuts/Bolts/Hoses/Gaskets
- VF Racing bypass valve AKA DV Relocate
- VF Cold Air Intake w/Heatshield
- VF Turbo Heatshield
- New Autotech HPFP Rebuild kit.
- Unitronic BT SW

VF/Uni hybrid! Werd!

gti314

mkv-gti-fast
Car(s)
'08 GTI MKV
lol sounds like something going under my tree lou...thanks for all ur help again hookin me up.... and thanks for the info arin very usefulll

gti314

mkv-gti-fast
Car(s)
'08 GTI MKV
i wanna catch a peak at ur gt30 + w/m injection when its all done