GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*Stock R32 Dyno Inside*

Moneypit

Speed Addict
Car(s)
I had my R put on the Dyno and these are the results.

Bone Stock - not even flapper mod. 1,900 miles on the engine.

About 180whp and 175wtq higher up - but a solid 175whp/wtq

Numbers are to the wheels.

Dan

Last edited:

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
This dyno falls in line with what a friend got on his stock R dyno plot... PBob if your out there.... chime in!!!

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
Here's my dyno results with zero mods and about the same mileage. Considerably different results; curve and peak. Maybe it's the dyno itself? Dyno Dynamics versus Dynojet :iono:

joey26lil

Ready to race!
damn haha .. umm idk what to say to both those dyno's. considering there vw rates there cars hp at the crank and w/the awd and auto i guess thats what to be expected.

when i had my cobalt ss/sc bone stock i put down 224whp and 192wtq.

atombomb33

Ready to race!
Can't compare dyno plots from different dynos. All dynos read differently.

A DynoDynamics (used by the OP) typically reads low (just like a Mustang dyno). They're both called "heartbreaker" dynos for a reason.

On the other hand, the DynoJet (used by vDubr) typically reads significantly higher than other dynos.

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Why are they so low? Stock MKV GTI's have put down that much (rare occasions have put down 200whp) but most dyno 185-190whp.

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
Why are they so low? Stock MKV GTI's have put down that much (rare occasions have put down 200whp) but most dyno 185-190whp.

200whp to two wheels vs. 200whp going to four wheels. In other words, in the GTI, you have 200whp pulling the car. In the R32, you have 200whp pulling and pushing the car.

LeesburgMKV

gold n' black
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Gotcha, never had an AWD car before.:thumbsup:

Yea well...........our interiors better...........damn that doesn't apply here.

atombomb33

Ready to race!

Different dynos will give you different numbers. Some read high, some read low. You have to find out what type of dyno was used for those GTI numbers, what conditions they were done in, if the numbers are corrected (and what correction factor).

Comparing different dyno charts from different dynos is difficult to do because there are so many factors at play.

DeZZar

VR32W
Car(s)
08 5DR R32 DSG
plain and simple it is impossible to go get a dyno done and then run around quoting how much power you car has.

A dyno is a diagnostic and tuning tool - it is NOT intended for a one off power measurement.

The point of a dyno is to tune a car - get a base reading and work with that on the same dyno - before an after comparison. If everyone in the world got a dyno done on their stock R there would be a variance of 100 HP between some - and in reality - all of the cars are putting out basically the same power