GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NOS=GTI

Diabel

2007 GTI, PK 2, DSG, CW
I know that they sell nos that you cant put to the fuel tank together with the fuel. Did any of you tried it already? Im not sure what excatly that thing does.

Anglewood

Gear Head
Car(s)
'08 GTI BMP 6MT
A true NOS system raises power by increasing compression through introducing more cumbustible gases (02) into the combustion chamber. Nothing you add to the tank short of liquid O2 could do this, but that is physically impossible. I haven't heard of a GTI with a Nitrous Oxide system yet, but would guess that the results would be good if used in short bursts.

Lates,

Connor

Supratgti

GTI Sold
Diabel said:
I know that they sell nos that you cant put to the fuel tank together with the fuel. Did any of you tried it already? Im not sure what excatly that thing does.

waste of money. if you want higher octane just save yourself the money and just fine a 104 station.

slickvic

I scare other drivers
Nitrous must be injected.

Anglewood said:
A true NOS system raises power by increasing compression through introducing more cumbustible gases (02) into the combustion chamber.
Well not exactly.

In street racing, nitrous oxide (often just "nitrous" in this context) is sometimes injected into the intake manifold (or just prior to the intake manifold) to increase power: even though the gas itself is not flammable, it delivers more oxygen than atmospheric air by breaking down at elevated temperatures, thus allowing the engine to burn more fuel and air. Additionally, since nitrous oxide is stored as a liquid, the evaporation of liquid nitrous oxide in the intake manifold causes a large drop in intake charge temperature. This results in a denser charge, and can reduce detonation, as well as increase power available to the engine. :thumbsup:

gCHOW

Autocross Newbie
slickvic said:
Well not exactly.

In street racing, nitrous oxide (often just "nitrous" in this context) is sometimes injected into the intake manifold (or just prior to the intake manifold) to increase power: even though the gas itself is not flammable, it delivers more oxygen than atmospheric air by breaking down at elevated temperatures, thus allowing the engine to burn more fuel and air. Additionally, since nitrous oxide is stored as a liquid, the evaporation of liquid nitrous oxide in the intake manifold causes a large drop in intake charge temperature. This results in a denser charge, and can reduce detonation, as well as increase power available to the engine. :thumbsup:

real slick, vic. :thumbsup:

i'm sure some of you watch this, but theres this new show on speed channel right now call street tuner challenge and they're actually modding a GTi. on that show EIP tuning is actually using NOX as an additional coolent for the intercooler. how they set it up was they programmed it so that at full throttle, or when a switch was hit, liquid NOX would be sprayed directly onto the intercooler. they claimed that the energy required to evaporate the NOX would actually result in significant increases in horsepower by decreasing the temperature of the compressed air some more.

i wonder if anyones actaully tried this.

BLACKMAGICGTI'06

Rally Car Champion
gCHOW said:
real slick, vic. :thumbsup:

i'm sure some of you watch this, but theres this new show on speed channel right now call street tuner challenge and they're actually modding a GTi. on that show EIP tuning is actually using NOX as an additional coolent for the intercooler. how they set it up was they programmed it so that at full throttle, or when a switch was hit, liquid NOX would be sprayed directly onto the intercooler. they claimed that the energy required to evaporate the NOX would actually result in significant increases in horsepower by decreasing the temperature of the compressed air some more.

i wonder if anyones actaully tried this.

This method does work for reducing intake temps however u could also use CO2 in the system for the same effect and less money per fillup of co2 than N02 the kit is made for our car search this forum for cryo2 i think it was a fairly inexpensive mod and well worth the money...

GolfRS

Banned
Anglewood said:
A true NOS system raises power by increasing compression through introducing more cumbustible gases (02) into the combustion chamber. Nothing you add to the tank short of liquid O2 could do this, but that is physically impossible. I haven't heard of a GTI with a Nitrous Oxide system yet, but would guess that the results would be good if used in short bursts.

Lates,

Connor

Please do some homework before saying smth that isn't true.

NOS doesn't change compression...It alters the oxygen content of the incoming air thus increasing the energy production due to a more powerfull burn in the combustion chamber.

Compression is a value that is determined by the movement of the piston in the chamber, and the construction of the chamber itself.And then again..there is forced induction...

EuroMKV

Go Kart Newbie
Actually if u guys wanna know theres a dealer in chicago illinois that has a red one on the showroom with Nos and a few extras thats some funny stuff.