GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front grill white stripe.

gotboost

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
Ive seen a couple mkv that have changed the original red stripe to the white stripe. I really like that change i was wondering if theirs a website that sell that white stripe or it has to be painted?

mortygt140

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GT TDI
You mean like this, yes just take the strip out and paint yourself.

Darren

Attachments

• S1050281.JPG
    S1050281.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 4,318

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
^ Nice job. Definitely wouldn't know it's tape :w00t:

NastyCandyMKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI DSG
Nice tape job!! I think I might try that....much cheaper alternative to the paint...plus you can put it back to stock quickly!

NastyCandyMKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI DSG
Did you just use pin stripeing? If so, what size did you use? I had 1/4" and it wasn't enough to cover the stripe...maybe 1/2"....

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
yup remove the grill... 4 screws and 2 clips. Takes 30 seconds or so once you figure it out. Then pop out the strip carefully not breaking the tabs. Then sand/paint or just plastidip it... I just painted mine a couple days ago. Paint and some clearcoat and it's good to go! Good luck

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
I'll get some closeups later. There is only 1 little spot you can notice, I wasn't very careful, only spent about 5 minutes on it. I'll post later.

PS. Tim, you missed out on Saturday :D

BigTuna

is from Canada eh.
I'll get some closeups later. There is only 1 little spot you can notice, I wasn't very careful, only spent about 5 minutes on it. I'll post later.

PS. Tim, you missed out on Saturday :D

I actually ended up sleeping most of the day. It was a much needed and very awesome sleep day.

Do post pics of your tape job. I don't think I can find vinyl wide enough (you know how it goes up here in canuck land), so if the white tape works, I'll give it a go. I've been wanting to paint my stripe but I might want it back to red in the future so tape/vinyl seems the best route.