GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to reset the Service now in Dashboard

cutelover916

Hi Everybody!!!

i just did the oil change at 5k but unfortunately i don't know how to reset the
SERVICE NOW reminder. It keeps showing everytime when i started the engine. God damn Los Angeles VW dealer will charge me 50 bucks for reset it.... Anybody can share how to work on it? i can't find from the manual...=_=b

Thank you

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
Car(s)
'08 GTI DSG
Enjoy!

1. Keys out of ignition- press and hold in trip odometer reset button "0.0" on right hand side of display
2. Still holding this button down, insert key into ignition and put to the on position without starting the car.
3. Display will read "service now"
4. let go of the "0.0" button and depress the "m" button on the left hand side of the display. this will re-set the service reminder. There is no confirmation on the display other than the words "service now" will disappear.

You can confirm that the service reminder has been reset, or check how many miles/days remain until service at any time by taking key out of the ignition and holding in the trip reset "0.0" button for between 3 and 5 seconds. The MFD will display miles and hours until next service.

CottonTail

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe it's also in your manual. Book 3, top of page 12 if I remember right. Good service check tip in above post by MkVBlkMgc.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
moved

maxmonster

Account Suspended
Car(s)
VW GTI
i just did this last night when i got home. my dad made me do my oil change at 3k... and since the first service is basically oil change im not gonna take my car in. this reset thing came in handy.

Msteadman

Go Kart Champion
Amazingly enough I had to do this after an oil change at the dealer.