GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Launch Control

JonG

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
What have you tried and what does'nt work ?

Have you seen the video of the DSG v manual with the Japanese drivers.

To use launch control they :

Put car into S mode
Turn off the ESP
Brake with left foot
Rev the car to around 2800rpm (it may not rev above 3000rpm) with right foot
Release brake and adjust throttle as necessary to avoid wheelspin.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I already told him how to do it over on the ukmkvs.net forum...
But it doesn't appear to work on Irish GTIs for some reason :iono:
Ask your dealer for an ECU update or something maybe? That'd be my only guess...

carrollmark

Passed Driver's Ed
I've tried it numerous times, using the standard method and nothing happens.

Regarding Irish GTis, when I test drove the dealers demo model the salesman when driving tried to demonstrate it to me and couldn't get it to work either but was adament it would be on my car.

Wonder whats involved in programming it

nomios

Touring Car Champion
I watched the Japanese video and tried this today and had no luck. The engine will not rev over 1,500 RPM when my foot is on the brake. It ended up quicker if I put pushed my foot down on the gas in S mode.

Who here has successfully done this with a North American GTI?

cmdrfire

Launch Control no worky on NA GTIs for some reason (and Irish ones too, it appears :iono: )
Apparently you're gonna get LC on the '07 GTIs over there.
It's quick, but most cases a start in S will do the job.

bilbos

On the Kop
I think I read somewhere (might have been on this forum), that the launch control would not be available in the US until the 2007 GTi's come out.

carrollmark

Passed Driver's Ed
Update!

I DO have launch control!

I misunderstood what it actually does, and after a visit to my dealer who showed me how it works I've seen the light!

I was given the impression that you pressed the accelerator and the car reached 3000 revs and holds the revs at 3000.

However it simply limits the revs at 3000 and with your foot to the floor wont go beyond that until youre rolling.

cmdrfire

carrollmark said:
Update!

I DO have launch control!

I misunderstood what it actually does, and after a visit to my dealer who showed me how it works I've seen the light!

I was given the impression that you pressed the accelerator and the car reached 3000 revs and holds the revs at 3000.

However it simply limits the revs at 3000 and with your foot to the floor wont go beyond that until youre rolling.

Yep, allows for smoother (and that little bit extra) starts! Nice to see that you do have it after all :burnrubber: :headbang: