GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti Front end conversion

myhopper

Passed Driver's Ed
i know theres been a million threads about people wanting to convert their standard front end's into the Gti front ends, i have read loads of them, and since researching i've come across this on ebay, its a complete front end conversion which reads to go straight on a standard golf front end and includes all fog grills and grill etc,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270235417682&_trksid=p2759.l1259

i have emailed the company asking what material the bumper is made from to make sure its not plain old fibreglass, would like peoples opinion on the product, or if anyone has used it??

if all looks positive enough i'm looking to get this and spray it to install by end of june!?

let me know what you think

thanks for looking

Mike

jordan_327

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I really wouldn't trust ebay on things like bumper. I'd buy it off oempl.us. Or try Bud over at vwvortex, he might be able hook you up with something.

Fully Alarmed

RS Golf,the 1 and only...
Car(s)
Golf MKV
Mike, i've just mailed them to ask if it allows for the headlight washer to work?

Have you had anything back from them yet? I would be very interested in this item if its as good as they say / looks.

Keep us informed if you would mate.

Fully Alarmed

Car(s)
Golf MKV
Yes the bumper can be modified to accept headlight washers. This can be done in the paint shop when your having your bumper sprayed.

Is what he's said, did you get answer back about the material?

myhopper

Passed Driver's Ed
sorry guys, been talng about this on a few sites and for some reason i havent been emailed about replies to this thread!?

There's been developments at least anyway!
The bumer is made from abs plastic (same as oem bumpers)
Think its for "standard golfs only!? havent asked?
comes ith all the grills
putting up a few threads the bumper has become out of stock and has 15 people who have paid for pre-orders! **wish i'd have kept my mouth shut now so i didnt tell people and so i wouldnt have to wait!
i have also pre ordered this bumper too!
got my gti rear valnce, so gonna get that sprayed, prob order exhaust next week, just the side skirts to buy/spray and door strips to smooth and spray then should be near GTI replica then :)

Fully Alarmed

Car(s)
Golf MKV
You gunna post some pics when its done, very interested in front bumper.

myhopper

Passed Driver's Ed
got my arts sprayed now, picked them up today, so far i got handles, side skirts, lower rear valance and front end sprayed, just waiting on door strips now!!, put my handles on tnite-they look awesome!!!!

GTI2007

If you want to post pics use the tabs instead of the [url] tabs

[QUOTE="myhopper, post: 1205914, member: 16925"]
[img]http://s349.photobucket.com/albums/q398/myhopper/DSC01063a.jpg

[/QUOTE]

STATUS

*STATUS*
Car(s)
e46 M3, R32,
actually...the super expensive jap brands like Apil and Newing..they are all fiberglass as well

its actually fiber reinforced plastic... which is as durable as poly, and its high grade fiber so it can withstand quite a beating before busting on u... and newing is the same as alpil :thumbsup: