GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Regional Forums > Australia
CTS Turbo

Old 05-25-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
gmc
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '05 MKV GTI
Send a message via MSN to gmc Send a message via Skype™ to gmc
Whiteline Front Anti-Lift/Caster Kit now in stock

As the photos show, some very nice bling to add to your undercarriage from Whiteline. We'll be fitting a set to the GC Corp GTI in the next couple of weeks.

Whiteline Anti-Lift/Caster Kit (Front) - VW Golf MKV/Jetta MKIV IK

Suits:
VW Golf MKV
VW Jetta MKV
VW Passat MKVI

The Whiteline Anti-Lift/Caster Kit is designed to increase the positive static caster setting by up to +0.5 degree of both front wheels, while at the same time modifying the front anti-dive and lift geometry. The low compliance bush also maintains higher dynamic positive caster resulting in improved front end grip and steering feedback.

Price: $220 inc GST
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
Hilton_K
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: GTI 2007

Wheel alignment required once fitted or is it and D.I.Y mod?

6MT[]Xenons[]Bluefin Stage 2+ []Neuspeed TAI[]E.I.P Short Shifter[]Defi Boost Gauge[]OSIR Pod[]Whiteline ALK[]H&R Sway Bars[]
GruppeM & Neuspeed Combined Intake[]Milltek Dump Pipe[]Hawk HP+ Pads[]Braided Lines[]AP600 Fluid[]Forge Catch Can[]APR HPFP[]

Mods Supplied By:
Rennenhaus, GMC Corp & ECS Tunning

Hilton_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
gmc
FIA GT Newbie

It will require a wheel alignment as the caster angle changes. You'll need a press to take the stock bush off the control arm according to the instruction sheet.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:18 PM   #4
Hilton_K
Formula 5000 Driver

Okies so that's a definate trip to a suspension place

6MT[]Xenons[]Bluefin Stage 2+ []Neuspeed TAI[]E.I.P Short Shifter[]Defi Boost Gauge[]OSIR Pod[]Whiteline ALK[]H&R Sway Bars[]
GruppeM & Neuspeed Combined Intake[]Milltek Dump Pipe[]Hawk HP+ Pads[]Braided Lines[]AP600 Fluid[]Forge Catch Can[]APR HPFP[]

Mods Supplied By:

Old 05-27-2008, 04:13 AM   #5
Vagabond
Great Teutonic Invention

Drives: 09 Sprint Blue S3 Sportback
Any disadvantages to the caster kit?

NVH or premature bearing or suspension wear?

Certainly sounds like a good and cost-effective mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima View Post
Yeah, there's a chance. There's also a chance you'll get a blow job from the tooth fairy as well.
Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:45 AM   #6
gmc
FIA GT Newbie

From our experiences with other vehicles using Whiteline's caster/anti-lift kits, these can only make things better. From studying the construction of the units, they look extremely study with OEM like construction. The bush itself has small voids cast into it so it will allow a limited amount of flex and compression which should keep things fairly compliant and quiet.

Better front end grip and steering feel is usually experienced from this type of modification. Once we've got them fitted, I'm sure that some of the guys will be keen to try them out during one of our regular GTGs.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:58 AM   #7
funky_chilli
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '08 GTI + '09 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
From our experiences with other vehicles using Whiteline's caster/anti-lift kits, these can only make things better. From studying the construction of the units, they look extremely study with OEM like construction. The bush itself has small voids cast into it so it will allow a limited amount of flex and compression which should keep things fairly compliant and quiet.

Better front end grip and steering feel is usually experienced from this type of modification. Once we've got them fitted, I'm sure that some of the guys will be keen to try them out during one of our regular GTGs.
excuse the noobness but what does a caster/anti-lift kit do?
what does it stop from lifting? :)

i finally got my GTI.....but i still kinda miss my little MINI
Quote:
Originally Posted by James G View Post
Ok, i'm a wanker, i know
funky_chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:17 PM   #8
Hilton_K
Formula 5000 Driver

Stops the nose of the car from lifting during acceleration, leaving more weight over the front tires

Mate had his WRX fitted with a whiteline A.L.K and it made quite an improvement on take off and corner exit acceleration with the car being more stable and less likely to spin the front wheels.

Mods Supplied By:

Old 05-28-2008, 01:11 AM   #9
Capercat
It's a chuck-about

Drives: A frog
Lift was massively reduced when I switched to coilovers.

I would imagine the ride would be a little harsher, but that's just my imagination.
Capercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:21 AM   #10
funky_chilli
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '08 GTI + '09 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilton_K View Post
Stops the nose of the car from lifting during acceleration, leaving more weight over the front tires

Mate had his WRX fitted with a whiteline A.L.K and it made quite an improvement on take off and corner exit acceleration with the car being more stable and less likely to spin the front wheels.
thanks for the explanation
only experience i've ever had with an anti-lift kit was also a mate with a subaru and he told me what it did years ago but i couldn't remember! haha
i was watching gti's launching on youtube the other nite and was thinking that on hard acceleration that the front lifts a fair bit! now i know how to reduce that!

i finally got my GTI.....but i still kinda miss my little MINI
Quote:
Originally Posted by James G View Post
Ok, i'm a wanker, i know
funky_chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #11
Dave1078
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI
Bump..

Anyone have a review for the anti-lift kit on their MKV? There's a thread going on in the suspension forum and I figured you guys might know best.
Dave1078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:16 AM   #12
Hilton_K
Formula 5000 Driver

I have the kit installed. Got it done at the same time as my sway bars, this is what I wrote about them....

I have just recently installed H&R sway bars and the Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit (ALK) to my GTI. Still retaining the stock springs and shocks.

ALK: 7/10

Made a noticable change to the amount of weight transfer that the car has whilst accelerating hard, ie puching it in second gear or accelerating out of a low to mid speed corner. The nose of the car doesn't want to pick up at all, kit also adds 0.5 degrees of static caster to aid turn in.

For those with coilovers or shock/spring combo's this is probably not needed but to those like me who are keeping the stock shocks and springs I would recommend the A-LK

Sway Bars: 8.5/10
I went with the smaller H&R set. This is a great upgrade and a definate must have!! Car corners very flat and changes direction with very minimal body roll, great for throwing the car around in the corners. Only thing I was a little disappointed in was the turn in response. It didn't change as much as I was hoping but it is still a good improvement over stock, getting a larger rear bar would help this but would also bring on oversteer something I wasn't really after, more of a neutral car person when it comes to FWD's.

In the end I am happy with the results of these upgrades.

Thanks to GMC for the Anti-Lift Kit and great customer service.

Mods Supplied By:

Old 03-10-2009, 03:52 AM   #13
POLARBEAR666
FIA GT Champion

Drives: Golf GT TSI
Do they need to remove the control arms to push the old OEM stuff off with a press? or is this mod a 1-2 hour job? on the car.

*Disclaimer: nothing I say should be relied upon // Click the links for pictures
Dynolicious 6.89 to 100kph 0.8g max 143kw// KW V1 Coilovers// Custom Intake// Deleted Muffler// Deka ETX18L battery 8.2kg 720CCA// Weight Reduction ~50kg
POLARBEAR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:42 AM   #14
amrjon
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: mkV gti R spec
Some more info from whiteline here.
amrjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:00 AM   #15
POLARBEAR666
FIA GT Champion

Drives: Golf GT TSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrjon View Post
Some more info from whiteline here.
Thanks for trying to help me. Already seen that. Unfortunately it gives no indication of how long it should take to fit it or what needs to be done to fit it.

I don't think I will bother getting this item if it is a 4 Hours of labor type thing. Which would add up to $300 plus at my suspension place!

*Disclaimer: nothing I say should be relied upon // Click the links for pictures
Dynolicious 6.89 to 100kph 0.8g max 143kw// KW V1 Coilovers// Custom Intake// Deleted Muffler// Deka ETX18L battery 8.2kg 720CCA// Weight Reduction ~50kg
POLARBEAR666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:03 AM   #16
bj240z

Drives: GTI Pirelli MKV
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARBEAR666 View Post
Do they need to remove the control arms to push the old OEM stuff off with a press? or is this mod a 1-2 hour job? on the car.
I recently had this done for me from the guys at BDA motorsport on the GC. The kit is great, and only takes about 1.5hrs to install. The harder side is the left side, as one of the bolts can't come out, without dropping the sub frame a little. And yeah, the arms come off so they can press out the bushes.
GTI Pirelli, APR, Tint, Rear Parking Sensors, Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads(Front Only), Whiteline Anti Lift Kit, Whiteline F/R 24mm Sway Bars, Front SS Braided Lines, Deleted all Stone Shields, Race Brake Fluid Done
bj240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:13 AM   #17
SevenW
Touring Car Champion

Drives: UG 5dr GTI
I have a WALK installed, pretty good...........GMC is great, top service.

Installation is about 1Hr, but you do need alignment done, so maybe buy this keep it until you get the suspension done too.
SevenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #18
DRMAT
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Black Magic MkV Golf GTI DSG
Another MElb member has both Whiteline bars and the ALC fitted as well and didn't take to long to fit... ignoring that some of the 'left' parts were marked 'right' and vice versa. He loves it.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:45 AM   #19
fuscobal
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2006 black pearl MK5 GTI
Send a message via Yahoo to fuscobal
Does one also need to change the front wishbone inner bushes once with the WALK ? (I've heard the whiteline affect the OEM front bushes in time )

http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/tfsimisc.htm > powerflex inner bushes
2006 Black GTI|Milltek Non-Res Turbo-Back|BSH 27mm RSB+H&R 28mm FSB|BSH pendulum mount + custom side mounts|Evoms V-Flow|BSH pcv revamp|Sachs racing clutch|Forge SS+42DD/FFE bushings|Bilstein PSS10|Peloquin LSD|K04 turbo|S3 injectors|Je pistons/IE rods/Calico bearings|Ap Racing Pro 5000 F + S3 R brakes + Pagid RS29/Carbotech XP8 pads|THS FMIC|S3 camshafts|Autotech HPFP|235/40/18 Toyo R888+TD 1.2|REVO Stage 3
fuscobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:15 AM   #20
Schnitzel Baby
Bright shirt, dull mind

Drives: MK5 Golf GTi
I don't know if you have to, but it makes sense to do it at the same time. The inner bushes are cheap anyway and that way you have the same compliance on both ends of the wishbone.

I did the WALK install myself without a press by drilling a series of 8mm connecting holes out the OEM rubber bush, twisting the old centre out and using a hack saw to cut through the aluminium sleeve. It's not as brutal as it sounds and was actually pretty easy once I'd figured out how to do it. The Whiteline bush pushes in easily in by hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscobal View Post
Does one also need to change the front wishbone inner bushes once with the WALK ? (I've heard the whiteline affect the OEM front bushes in time )

http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/tfsimisc.htm > powerflex inner bushes
Schnitzel Baby is offline   Reply With Quote