GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Resetting Technique

KaJ

Ready to race!
I just found this thread from around a year ago and was wondering if people do this often.. or if it even works. I haven't had the chance to go out to my car to try it yet. Seems very interesting.

Heres the old thread:

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11421

Turn the ignition half way so only the electrical comes on.

Fully depress gas pedal, past the soft-stop, all the way to the floor.

Keep it pressed for a count of ten (ten seconds). Various cluster lights will do things, and this will be followed by a quiet click sound from under the hood.

Release pedal.

Start engine as normal.

Going to go try it when I go out tonight.. never heard of this before. Hopefully something happens and I can get some better shifts. Some of the harsh shifts are annoying. I was planning on reseting my ECU by unplugging the battery for 15min, but this seems easier :biggrin: .

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
I have a friend with a Beetle that mentioned doing something like this and I thought she was crazy... This is interesting.

I read the thread from the SL55 site, and someone mentioned having to do this every time the car is turned off.... what's up with that?

I've noticed my shifts are a bit rough at times after installing my V-Flo. May have to give this a shot to see if there's any improvement...

KaJ

Ready to race!
Yeah.. I'll update later.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
This was just posted by someone on vortex which sounds similar to the thread your referring to. sounds bogus to me but go ahead and give it a try and report back:

It's usually something like this:

1. Get in and shut the door
2. Turn key to position right before the start position) DO NOT START THE CAR
3. Press the gas pedal to the floor...
4. Hold the pedal there for 15 - 30seconds
5. After 30 seconds while foot still planted, turn the key off but do not remove it
6. Release gas pedal... and get ready to be bored
7. Wait at least 2 minutes while not touching anything in the car, don't open the door even.
8. After the 2 minutes start the car and drive off normally... you should notice a difference in the shift pattern....
9. Get out of car click heels together three times and say.."I love my R32"

AK_GTI

Deutsche Tourenwagen
Car(s)
2007/2001 GTI/Golf
turning your key to that position before your car starts is called the "accessory" position.

this whole topic sounds like one of those fixes everyone does and really the only thing that changes is your head. no real change with the vehicle.

this is for you gullible forum junkies

to delete your governor:

1. open your hatch or trunk
2. get in the car and press on gas pedal 15 times, all the way to the floor and back
3. press the unlock button on your fob
4. close trunk/ hatch
5. start car and drive

KaJ

Ready to race!
Guess we could always go to the dealer to have them reset the throttle body plate. I don't have VAG-COM so I can't do it myself. Guess next time I go to the dealer I'll askt hem to do it for me.

Or wait until I get VAG-COM.

KaJ

Ready to race!
I have my doubts, I'll ask the VW people if they heard anything about it next time I go in.

But I'll try it now, going to dinner with the girlfriend.

If I do notice something its probably purely psychological....

I hope it works though, would be a cool little feature.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
update?

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
heh in all the chevrolets I used to own cruise control shut off the governor

MC.R

i followed the instructions exactly, i did hear a click after waiting the 2 minutes, started the engine and started driving, it feels like it holds RPMs a little longer.... thats about it

bcze1

You people make me laugh
VW's (& other makes) auto tranny's have "learned" their shifting behavior for years. If it detects that you drive light footed and for economy it learns to shift earlier. If you run it WOT all the time it will hold gears a little longer. Yes, this method will work to reset the learned behavior and it will quickly adapt to your current driving style. But if you're expecting a major change in tranny function you'll be sorely disappointed.