GOLFMKV

My Review of the BFI: Dogbone Insert

tranceporter

F**K YOU CAM FOLLOWERS
Car(s)
'08 BMP GTI

http://store.blackforestindustries.com/bfitoarmin.html

Install
Very, very, very simple. It literally took me all of 10 minutes to do. The instructions off their website is on point 100%. Just make sure you lube it up before you insert it or you'll have a tough time. The use of a rubber mallet to finish it in worked as well.

Impressions
It's amazing how much this small mod does. It does everything as promised.

BFI Web Site said:
Our pendulum mount torque arm insert fills the voids in the stock rubber bushing, making what was a soft rubber bushing with voids into what behaves like a solid mount. With the insert installed, you will notice that throttle response will feel better and your shifts will feel more crisp and defined, especially on manual transmission cars.

As far as wheel hop is concerned, it's about 80% reduced but you'll still feel it. The biggest difference you'll notice is that the car doesn't jerk as much from a stop like it normally does for us manual tranny guys. It's actually not a hassle to drive with ESP on. The starts are nice and smooth and when you hit it, it won't set off the ESP slowing the car. I actually spun the wheels without wheel hop and without setting off the ESP in first gear. The shifts feel nice and precise and overall this is a great product.

Go get one!!!

Blocko

Rabblerouser
I got the ECS tuning one before the BFI one even came out and I have to say that this mod does wonders for the price. I remember the first time I took it out after I installed it I started saying to myself "Holy crap, smooth shifts! I've got smooth shifts!"

SA-GTI

Ready to race!
is it the same as this one from autotech?

Lower Engine Mount Insert for 2005.5> GTI, Jetta, Rabbit & EOS
Autotech has developed a cheap and easy upgrade to rid the Mk5's excessive engine movement experienced under heavy acceleration and high torque loads. Manufactured from billet aluminum and red anodized for long-term duability and a sharp appearance, this lightweight yet strong insert installs in minutes and will eliminate engine rocking during power transfer.

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 GTI 4 door
As funny as it sounds...when you "lube it up", can you use something like WD40 for this?

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
your going to want to use like silocone heavy duty lube, like the stuff people use for sex.

Just a question. How are the vibrations when you put the car in reverese? how about park? what about drive?
is there any increase in vibration?

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
i hate the autotech (cheapest, stiffest) and it works GREAT. but when i start the car for the first time each day, it always gives crazy vibes in reverse.

that's what she said.