GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Side Seatbelt Height Adjuster Rattle

This is driving me nuts, searching is turning up nothing. Anyone know of a TSB or something to fix this?

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
dude i have it on both sides ive almost broken the thing...ive got so pissed i punched the driver side 1 already (didnt fix it either) :( lol

I want to take it apart to check on things and see what I can come up with but I'm not sure how, and I don't feel like taking the entire trim off.

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
Yeah i think i have this on the passenger side...wasn't sure but now that others are saying that they have it too, i am sure mine is the seatbelt thingyyy

McCrash_mkv

Pre-Tuned in Deutschland
Car(s)
08 UG GTI Euro Spec
me too :CCCCCCCC

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
This is on my list of rattles to fix too! Here's my list so far of rattles to fix or have been fixed.

Pass Door panel right below the middle speaker

Middle Dash thingy

Both Seatbelt adjusters

Tweeters crackle

Hopefully soon I will get to these. I need to order some flocking tape though.

I hate rattles.:rolleyes:

NastyCandyMKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI DSG
I have this on my drivers side too! If I pull the seat belt tight the rattle goes away....it sucks though cause its right in my f*cking ear!!

McCrash_mkv

Pre-Tuned in Deutschland
Car(s)
08 UG GTI Euro Spec
My rattles are here exactly...If I press it..it kinda "cracks"..I think it's too loose...so maybe If I kinda inject or tape-in something..the rattle will go Away.

When I park my car in the parking...once I hit the ramp...I hear this rattle..its not a rattle exactly.it's like the seat-belt adjuster..is kinda flexing or opening..dunno how to explain.

thanks..

Attachments

• IMG002-1.JPG
    IMG002-1.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 2,117

McCrash_mkv

Pre-Tuned in Deutschland
Car(s)
08 UG GTI Euro Spec
come on..!!! some help dudes!

ohitsmeoh

Ready to race!
Actually its more like a squeal but I have this problem too.
I sort of got used to it so it doesnt bother me that much anymore but it would be nice to find a fix for it.

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
Car(s)
e36 m3/4/5
I've got this rattle too. It drives me bat-shit-insane. It used to do it only on the highway when cruising at speed, now it does it all the time. :rage:

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
I've got this rattle too. It drives me bat-shit-insane. It used to do it only on the highway when cruising at speed, now it does it all the time. :rage:

haha.....bat-shit

Tried it...no dice.