GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should i buy a car cover?

fairladyz_gt-r

Go Kart Champion
Well, i am thinking if i should get a car cover or not...i am currently looking at Evolution® (Technalon®). Wondering if its worth my 150 USD or not? I don't have a garage so my car have to face the element everyday...so i want something to help it out. on the bad side i live in college town and needless to say its loaded with drunk moron. i am kinda worried that by putting a car cover over it it will attract even more attention....

so what you guys think?

fairladyz_gt-r

Go Kart Champion
Strong Polypropylene Fibers

I have absolutly no idea what that is....btw i use my car only on weekends (mostly). on week day i take the bus

ajman

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, get the cover. :w00t:

I got mine here <http://www.carcoversdirect.com/products/car_truck_covers/6/car_cover/custom_fit/VOLKSWAGEN/2007/RABBIT/2.5/48/4/>
and I'm very happy with it :clap: .

It's not a perfect solution (a garage) but the benefits outweigh the negatives. It's not just the paint you're protecting, but everything the sun (UV), acid rain, etc. touches on your car. Rubber doesn't deteriorate :eek: , black trim stays black :smile: , the interior stays cooler :cool: , (some) protection against door dings :thumbsup: , etc. Plus, you just feel better knowing you're car's wrapped up in its own little "cocoon". :wub:

On the down side, the Evolution fabric is so light that putting the cover on in a breeze can be fun until you get a system down. The fabric's a little stiff and bulky when new, but becomes more flexible quickly. The inside is very soft and will "absorb" some dirt so I don't think scratching your car is a problem (it hasn't been for mine) unless you put it on over a muddy car. Plus, the cover's washable. You'll need to install a grommet (included, I think) for the antenna to poke through, or remove the antenna each time you put it on. If you do that, the antenna base will eventually abrade the cover, so you should reinforce the area where it rubs with some glue-on fabric.

I got the custom fit cover (not the ready fit) and it fits perfectly.

I put my license # on the back of it to discourage theft (use T-shirt spray paint from a craft store, not regular paint or permanent markers) and I got the optional lock and cable that goes under the car to "lock" the cover on.

Last edited:

pipehose

ROCKET R32
Yes, get the cover. :w00t:

I got mine here <http://www.carcoversdirect.com/products/car_truck_covers/6/car_cover/custom_fit/VOLKSWAGEN/2007/RABBIT/2.5/48/4/>
and I'm very happy with it :clap: .

It's not a perfect solution (a garage) but the benefits outweigh the negatives. It's not just the paint you're protecting, but everything the sun (UV), acid rain, etc. touches on your car. Rubber doesn't deteriorate :eek: , black trim stays black :smile: , the interior stays cooler :cool: , (some) protection against door dings :thumbsup: , etc. Plus, you just feel better knowing you're car's wrapped up in its own little "cocoon". :wub:

On the down side, the Evolution fabric is so light that putting the cover on in a breeze can be fun until you get a system down. The fabric's a little stiff and bulky when new, but becomes more flexible quickly. The inside is very soft and will "absorb" some dirt so I don't think scratching your car is a problem (it hasn't been for mine) unless you put it on over a muddy car. Plus, the cover's washable. You'll need to install a grommet (included, I think) for the antenna to poke through, or remove the antenna each time you put it on. If you do that, the antenna base will eventually abrade the cover, so you should reinforce the area where it rubs with some glue-on fabric.

I got the custom fit cover (not the ready fit) and it fits perfectly.

I put my license # on the back of it to discourage theft (use T-shirt spray paint from a craft store, not regular paint or permanent markers) and I got the optional lock and cable that goes under the car to "lock" the cover on.

any chance of seeing a pic off that cover on the car

ajman

Passed Driver's Ed
"any chance of seeing a pic off that cover on the car?"

Attachments

• PB012225a.jpg
    PB012225a.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,240
  • PB012226a.jpg
    PB012226a.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,205
  • attachmentphp.jpg
    attachmentphp.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 6,361

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
I thought about a cover too, but I also live in a college town, on a very busy street. I would rather wax my car once a month to help protect it than have some dumbass slash my tires just b/c he thinks I'm a prick for trying to protect an investment.

fillup

Passed Driver's Ed
I like aj, the car looks sweet. I just got a rabbit thats the same color and I might do something with the wheels like you did. Also what % do you have your tints at? :coolpics:

ajman

Passed Driver's Ed
Also what % do you have your tints at?

Umm, I think the installer had four tints, and we didn't talk percentages. "4" was darkest (too dark for me) so I went with "3" on the rear side windows, rear window, and stripe across the top of the windshield, and "2" for the front side windows.

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
I bought one from http://www.carcoverworld.com except i got mine with the cover lock included. I opened the box and checked it out once but never put it on my car. I enjoy driving the car to much to let it sit for long enough to keep the car cover on! Anyone interested i might be willing to sell it.

TEABAG

GTI Bunny hopper
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV CW 2.0T
Please get one man!!! I live in MA!! I'm getting one ASAP!