GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKV Golf/GTI European iPod Center Console Option Installed (56k no)

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny

After reading this post http://forums.vwvortex.com/zer...age=1, It got me thinking and I did some research on my own. I was able to dig up the part numbers from ebay.de. It is for the factory order option to have the iPod controller mounted in the center armrest for cars that have the 6-disk option/opening. This option is for the Europe only "Volkswagen Individual Program", more info here http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms....html

iPod unit

From what I can see, this modification will only be available on Navigation equiped US GTI's because of the center console being different size openings. You could probably go around this by ordering a new center console from your local dealer, and then the cable needed to run from the headunit back to the new console. Since navi cars already come with the cable, cd changer and correct console...this mod is truly plug-n-play. This is by far superior to the unit sold at dealerships now here in the US. No need to run wires, take the unit out and the ipod sits in its own little cradle nice and snug. This will also allow you to use all steering wheel controls, charge the ipod and controll the iPod from the head unit as well. By the way, VWOA you stink for not offering this to the US buyers (yet??) :mad: But its fun to order Euro only parts and install them anyways.... =)

Part numbers needed

iPod Center Console unit : 1KO 857 925A 1QB $159.00 USD

Sleeve adapter for the ipod :1KO 868 003 $10.00 USD (Nano, Mini, Photo, Video and other models. You must order this to make it work correctly and have the unit sit flush so it does not rattle)

Now the fun part!!! Pictures.....

Unit before install

Where the unit installs into

Here is how easy it is to install!!!!!

Insert removal tools into cd changer and pull up

You will see this

Then unplug the unit from the car harness. You will see this.

No plug in the iPod cradle in the same way you removed the cd changer

Once it is connected, drop it into place and thats it! (before you snap it into place, make sure you notice the irientation of the ipod screen because the unit can be installed for L and R hand drive cars)

Insert iPod, and start up the car and radio

You will see the iPod say Volkswagen then the LOGO comes up (COOL!)

On the radio screen the playlists come up as CD numbers 1-6, and you can also use the shuffle and scan modes.

Pictures of the MFA in action

Finished product

;) Im happy I could help all you Audiophiles who miss the iPod intigration that other car manufactures offer out of the box/factory

Last edited:

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
davesee said:
hey, thanks alot for the pics so far, looking forward to the rest!

does the cradle allow for iPod (video), sorry if i missed it earlier if you mentioned..

Yeah it fits ALL the ipods ;) Done....all the new pics are up along with the way to install it. :wink:

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
GTI2007 said:
Any idea that this iPod Center Console can also be used on a aftermarket headunit??

I have no clue... that you might have to do some hw with .

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
aznkukuboi said:
Isn't there already a 6 disc cdchanger stock?
I know there is on mine.

Yeah, and thats why I upgraded to the iPod system... since we dont have this option from the factory in the US like others do :wink:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
aznkukuboi said:
Isn't there already a 6 disc cdchanger stock?
I know there is on mine.

to elaborate a little bit more, i noticed you have the non sat-nav head unit. that unit has the 6 disc changer in the head unit standard, but the sat-nav does not, which is why those equipped have a 6 disc changer in the arm rest. for those who dont have sat-nav, i assume you could wire up that ipod adapter as well, so you could have a 6 disc changer and an ipod adapter at the same time :thumbup:

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
smp85 said:
to elaborate a little bit more, i noticed you have the non sat-nav head unit. that unit has the 6 disc changer in the head unit standard, but the sat-nav does not, which is why those equipped have a 6 disc changer in the arm rest. for those who dont have sat-nav, i assume you could wire up that ipod adapter as well, so you could have a 6 disc changer and an ipod adapter at the same time :thumbup:

yuppers... :wink:

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Is your question: can I listen to audio while the navi is on ? Well yes you can. When I had the cd-changer in the car and you had the navi one, yes you could listen and the voice would still talk. Same thing goes for the ipod hook up :) hope that answered the question.