GOLFMKV

VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

Register
MYGOLF garage
Timeslips
Search
Members List
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com > Technical Discussions > Exterior / Interior Care (washing, detailing, exterior repairs)

Old 09-04-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
eROCK
FIA GT Champion

Drives: '08 GTI CW 4 door
Question Ever hear of "The Protector" car finish?

My VW sales rep is trying to sell me a special finish for my car called "The Protector". Has anyone ever heard of this, or know anything about it? He says that it's a one time application that takes about 5 hours to apply and it lasts for several years (maybe up to 10...don't know yet). I drop it off at the dealer and they send it out to some local company that adds this protective finish that protects the exterior from rock chips and bird sh*t, etc. Plus the interior gets a protective finish (maybe scotchguard?). Plus underneath the car gets a special finish that's suppose to cut road noise in half. It costs several hundreds of dollars, so I wanted to look into it first. I can't find any websites or anything, so I was hoping someone here at least knows something about this. I saw the logo for it, and it looks like a Knight's helmet, and it says The Protector under it. I also saw a bottle of cleaner that's like a liquid wax made by the same company, so I know it's real...just can't find anything about it online.
eROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #2
eROCK
FIA GT Champion

Found it!!!! It looks like this is a local Chicago Company called ECP Inc. The web site is kinda wierd to navigate through, but does have a lot of info if you look at the right places. The website is http://www.ecpinc.net . Anyone here have any experience with this product?
Old 09-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
rufuskyle
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2008 Black Rabbit 2D 5sp
I haven't heard of it. I wonder how much better it is than just waxing it yourself.

PS. Do you go to any chicagoland meet-ups?
rufuskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #4
eROCK
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuskyle View Post
PS. Do you go to any chicagoland meet-ups?
Nope, I just got my VW about a week ago, so I'm still a newbie. Maybe someday I'll meet up with the locals.