GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bilstein PSS10 install

fuscobal

Go Kart Champion
Must say i was looking for this upgrade for quite some time. The pleasant surprise is I've ordered the PSS9 and got the first PSS10 in my country since it's been recently updated. I installed it the same day I took it and checked the geometry after 20 miles. As u can guess it now has adjustability from 1 to 10 ( 9 before ) and they've also changed the knob that sets the damping on the rear damper. Softest setting is now 1 and hardest 10. For the moment I've set it to 5 front and 5 rear but i still find it overkilling for a daily driver. Haven't had the chance yet to test it on some mountain rods but i'll do it soon. I have the already lower European GTI and comparing to stock this coilover lowers the car with maximum 1.2" !!! At it's highest setting it can be higher than stock !!! (probably same as stock for the US GTI ). Handling seems and damping while going over bumps seem exemplary and there is no bounce at all ! Pics will follow up later !

fuscobal

Go Kart Champion
Pics as promised :

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    427.6 KB · Views: 13,873
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    371.9 KB · Views: 8,691
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    404.5 KB · Views: 12,675
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    388.1 KB · Views: 7,483
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    438.7 KB · Views: 7,733

fuscobal

Go Kart Champion
Some considerations for those who intend buying this coilover :

- Bear in mind that for at least the first 100miles the ride will be very harsh
- On a scale from 1 to 10 ( 1= soft ; 10 = hard ), anything greater than 5 is overkill for daily driver
- As this suspension was conceived for handling in the first place and then lowering, the lower u go the harsher the ride will be because the travel of the damper will be very short.
- I am now only 0.4" lower than stock ( European model) and the damping is set to 4/10. This seems to be ok for now but I may soften it some more.

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    338.5 KB · Views: 7,330

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
Are the spring rates the same? I have the pss9's and IMO the spring rate is a touch low. Have to check these out... that knob is much better! Are the rear knobs the same? The 9's are a pain...

NYYFan

I drive slower than you
Are the spring rates the same? I have the pss9's and IMO the spring rate is a touch low. Have to check these out... that knob is much better! Are the rear knobs the same? The 9's are a pain...

The rear knob was on the bottom on the PSS9's too, but these are much easier to read what setting you are on. The front knob looks like the nicest change since its not covered by a dust sleeve anymore. Otherwise they look identical to the PSS9's.

Very nice setup, enjoy!

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
Can anyone answer my spring rate question? I should call Bilstein.

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
Darn you! My knob only goes to 9. I use setting 4 for mine, but my height is just a little bit lower than you. I don't mind the bit harsher ride as long as I get the added assurance against rub.