GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

High Beam issue

deewee

So I recently replaced both my headlights because my passenger side blew, so I replaced both sides. Now upon replacing them, my driver side high-beam does not engage , but my passenger side does.

Before the bulb replacement ( and before the right headlight blew ) both high-beams worked without any issue.

I am not too sure what could be causing this issue, could it be a loose igniter? I am not very familiar with how these bi-xenon headlights work regarding high-beams.

deewee

Ok, I just double checked, and turns out when I pull the left stock towards me, the inner lights come on, which I think are the FTP ( Flash to Pass ) bulbs , which never came on before. When I would pull the left stock towards me it would light up the HID bulbs brighter (hi beams), and when I pushed the stock away from me it would also light up the HID Hi Beams and lock in place, pulling them towards me would just flash them and not lock.

Now pulling them towards me lights up the inner bulbs, and pushing them away doesn't do anything.

deewee

And just checked again, turns out I found a way to use FTP bulbs, it wasn't my original issue.

If I have the car turned off, and turn the light switch on, and pull the stock back the FTP lights turn on, and then if I start the car holding the stock back, I can use the FTP lights whenever, just cannot use the HID hi-beams at all.

But I had shut the car off turned it on normally and my original issue was still present. Although when I was in my garage, I flashed the high beams and the right one came on, and I think the issue is that my left hi-beam is stuck on, not that it doesn't work. Because when I flash the hi-beams, I see the right (passenger side) hi-beam engage, and on the wall infront of my car the light is level with my left light ( driver side ) when I engage the hi-beams. When I turn the hi-beams off, the right side ( passenger ) is lower than my driver side.

It could also be my driver side light is just aimed higher, but I don't believe so.

Any suggestions?