GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering performance FDS intercooler technical and discussion thread.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
COMING SOON
In the coming months we will be releasing the all new Integrated Engineering FDS performance intercooler kits. These intercoolers have been in the works for over a year with extensive research and development unseen in other designs on the market. We will use this thread to give you a first look into these new intercoolers, share technical data, and answer any questions you may have. Read below to learn more about our exciting new design.

PRODUCT OVERVIEW
The Integrated Engineering MK5/MK6 FDS intercooler system was built from the ground up to offer the ultimate in performance for your vehicle. When increasing the power output of your engine it is extremely important to ensure it has the proper cooling to match. It packs a very large intercooler core into the space available, a full 54% larger than the OEM core. This large core delivers cool air to the engine under all circumstances, increasing power and torque and simultaneously reducing heat soak.

IE FDS SYSTEM
Our end tanks feature the FDS flow distribution system, which is totally unique to our intercooler. By incorporating flow distribution channels into the inlet side end tank, air is evenly distributed from the top to bottom of the core, maximizing cooling efficiency. Other intercoolers on the market only allow natural airflow through the core, which is primarily on the bottom side near the inlet, making for poorly distributed cooling. In lab tests, temperatures across the IE FDS core were 65% more even than the nearest competitor. This proves more effective use of the core, resisting heat soak more so than any competitor and consistently delivering a cool charge.

FDS VS competition flow dynamics

REDUCING HEAT SOAK
Heat soak occurs when the heat generated exceeds the cooling capacity of the intercooler. The most common symptom is the noticeable loss of power after long term acceleration or several back to back power pulls. By greatly increasing the core size and useable area of the core with FDS technology, we have eliminated the heat soak. The following chart of “30” second power pull shows how the intake air temperature remains consistently lower than the OEM intercooler.

HIGH QUALITY CAST END TANKS
High quality American castings for the intercooler end tanks have perfect surface finish and absolutely none of the casting flaws commonly seen in import intercoolers which can destroy your engine. This attention to detail in the design process means that our intercooler is actually lighter than many import intercoolers, while simultaneously having a much larger core volume. These features provide an intercooler with perfect OE fitment and the utmost highest level of performance available today.

PERFECT FITMENT
Our engineers also went to great lengths to ensure quality and perfect fitment. The end tanks were carefully CAD designed and CFD flow optimized. All mounting bosses are fully machined to ensure a perfect fit. Even the inlet and outlet barb connections are completely machined, ensuring a leak free seal.

IE FDS INTERCOOLER FEATURES
  • Charge air temperatures lowered drastically
  • Horsepower and torque increased
  • Horsepower loss from heat soak removed
  • FDS Flow distribution system spreads the heat over the intercooler core 65% more evenly than competitors
  • Large bar and fin core measures 16.39" x 24" x 2.25" 54% more core volume than OE
  • Beautiful end tanks are cast and machined in USA Fully machined mounting bosses for a perfect fit
  • Fully machined inlet/outlet connections for a leak free seal Perfect OEM fitment, no trimming required
  • Large 2.75" inlet and outlet connections
  • 5 ply silicone hoses and a billet adapter ensure reliability
  • Includes all necessary hardware and hose clamps

APPLICATIONS
  • AUDI MK2 A3/S3
  • AUDI MK2 TT/TT-S
  • VW MK2 BEETLE (EA888 Gen1 & 2013.5+ EA888 Gen3 Only)
  • VW CC VW EOS
  • VW MK5/MK6 GOLF/GTI/R
  • VW MK5/MK6 JETTA/GLI (EA888 Gen1, 2013.5+ EA888 Gen3, & EA113 Only)
  • VW B6/B7 PASSAT (EA888 Gen1, 2013.5+ EA888 Gen3, & EA113 Only)
  • VW SCIROCCO/R VW TIGUAN

Last edited:
Car(s)
Subaru
i think everyone is wondering this so ill say it... how is this against that one other company with the so called best ic out there

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
Looks top notch just like IE's other products :thumbsup:

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
i think everyone is wondering this so ill say it... how is this against that one other company with the so called best ic out there

ditto

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Just a heads up, it should be infrared...not infared, nice looking piece!

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Saw this at the waterfest booth, very well made and thought out.

Tyler@IE

Go Kart Newbie
Very nice work

Looks top notch just like IE's other products :thumbsup:

oh i know. i want all the things ie makes. one of these days, ill have all the ie

Just a heads up, it should be infrared...not infared, nice looking piece!

Good catch, that was my fault.

Saw this at the waterfest booth, very well made and thought out.

Thanks for all the kind words guys! This product has been in development for a very long time and we are very excited about it. :thumbsup:

All the data you see above is our FDS IC compared to our largest competitors IC. We don't like to advertise against other companies by name or slander, but know that we have tested many designs back to back against ours and our FDS design came out on top.

Car(s)
Subaru
yeah, i didnt want to say any names, but those that got it were wondering anyways. okay, i really want this when i need another ic. honestly, i respect your company a lot and think this is just one more quality looking piece.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
yeah, i didnt want to say any names, but those that got it were wondering anyways. okay, i really want this when i need another ic. honestly, i respect your company a lot and think this is just one more quality looking piece.

Not like anyone who is part of said company is on here :lol: