GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - Audi TT-RS Brake Scoops

HYDE16

Ready to race!
The credit for this one goes to “The Bruce” who discussed this in the GolfMK5 threads a while back after finding out that these fit the MK5 GTI control arms. After installing the MK6 GTI SuperPro Performance Control Arm Kit which is the same shape as the MK5 GTI control arms, I was able to add this Audi TT-RS Brake Scoop Kit in a matter of minutes. I sourced the part numbers and placed the order with Paul at DeutscheAutoParts with fast shipping.

Audi TT-RS Brake Scoop Discussions:
TT RS Brake upgrade news
Audi brake cooling mod TTRS
RS3 / TT upper strut mount + brake ventilation element

Parts:

(Photo credited to “The Bruce”)

Installed:

Overall Feedback:
If these come factory on an Audi TT-RS, they must be beneficial right? In all seriousness I have no testing behind these brake scoops. My goal in the summer months is to use a temp gun to test both rotor sides with and without these scoops on. I’ll run the car hard through a 2 mile downhill twisty back road and take temps for the driver’s side (with scoop) and passenger side (without scoop) and will then post results later on.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Great!! I was curious about these vs a fabbed custom duct solution. I have a feeling that justifying the price for this piece of plastic for me will be rough. Your test should be interesting, but really seeing results on a track setting with rapid cooling being key might convince me to pick this up. So the brakes being evaluated are 2 piece stop techs?

HYDE16

Ready to race!
Great!! I was curious about these vs a fabbed custom duct solution. I have a feeling that justifying the price for this piece of plastic for me will be rough. Your test should be interesting, but really seeing results on a track setting with rapid cooling being key might convince me to pick this up. So the brakes being evaluated are 2 piece stop techs?

Correct