GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New, Redo, Intake Valve Cleaning DIY Video

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I did a redo of the cleaning vid with a new sprayer that will be easier for more to use and do valve cleanings for themselves ;p
Much simpler to do as there are no mod's necessary for the sprayer other than trimming down the ribs that were on the new nozzle so it would fit perfectly inside the IAT port ;p
Please enjoy and do often(every 10k miles or so):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHF-Jdw0eto

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Bore-scope pics provided by a user, having 120k miles when done, on another forum using the diy vid:

Before:

After:

Last edited:

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Thanks for sharing. I'm going to give this a shot.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Last edited:

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
You do change your oil after this correct? I ask because mineral spirits will degrade oil and anyone doing this would want to change their oil after the process.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
You do change your oil after this correct? I ask because mineral spirits will degrade oil and anyone doing this would want to change their oil after the process.

I do do mine at oil changes, yes...but never in that way. If you have some evidence with a link...I'd like to check it out so I could add to the vid description. I didn't think it was necessary as it is what is used in BG44K-per msds. Also, Marvel Mystery Oil is 25% to 30% mineral spirits and many people run a quart of it with each oil change with great results. I'm certain that any trace amounts from this process would never compare to a quart of MMO in one's oil. Trace amounts being that that passes through the valve seats and piston cylinder walls. Sorry, I just do not see how it would ever contaminate the oil.

http://bgfleming.com/products/bg/fuel.aspx

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
wow. If that is effective I imagine my w/m is doing quite well to clean mine.

It is effective, yes. Have you any bore-scope pics where w/m is used? I've always heard it's great for this also, but I've not seen any pics yet ;|

brokenparts

Go Kart Champion
It is effective, yes. Have you any bore-scope pics where w/m is used? I've always heard it's great for this also, but I've not seen any pics yet ;|

I don't have bore scope but I would be curious to see as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Tutti57

Ready to race!
I thought I saw some pics with w/m but it didn't do jack. Id like to revisit that theory though.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I myself haven't seen pics from w/m use yet...a year or so lots of people were saying they would get the same results with it, but no bore pics yet.