GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spacers for BBKS

EvoIII

Ready to race!
Does anyone know what size spacers are required for popular big brake kits? In my case Brembo 6 piston 352x32 withe the Detroit/Huffsen 18 inch OEM wheel. It would be helpful to post your wheel, brake kit and spacer setups and feedback on the performance and durability for others.

Last edited:

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know what size spacers are required for popular big brake kits? In my case Brembo 6 piston 352x32 withe the Detroit 18 inch OEM wheel. It would be helpful to post your wheel, brake kit and spacer setups and feedback on the performance and durability for others.

It would probably be best to find the brake template for the Brembo 6 pistons because they all vary slightly and a couple mm can be the difference between fit vs no fit. I tried to find the template on brembo.com but no luck. Maybe if you give them a call they could direct you. If you have the bbk already then you could do a mock fitment and do the measurement.

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
I believe my Detroits take the 12mm spacers, with literally just enough space to work. Anything smaller = no.

My VMR v710's = no spacers

I have Brembo 6 piston brakes up front, and 4 piston rears.

EvoIII

Ready to race!
I believe my Detroits take the 12mm spacers, with literally just enough space to work. Anything smaller = no.

Your vehicle must look amazing!

That's what I wanted to hear. Just had the brakes installed today, with matching Brembo rear rotors. Did you have brackets made for the rear, and if so, by whom? We tried a 15mm spacer which are causing the wheel to hit the fender when I go over bumps. The good news is there is a finger width gap between the spoke and the caliper which lead me to deduce a 10mm or 12mm should work, so I have ordered both and will do a trial and advise. Anyone know what will work on the rears to balance the effect ?

EvoIII

Ready to race!
Trial complete on front. For the factory detroit 18 inch wheel the minimum sized spacer to use is an 8mm(H&R) with the Brembo 355x32, 6 piston kit. This is for a vehicle with VWR sport springs. It clears the calipers by about 2mm. I currently have 5mm spacers on the rear but will try 8mm as well. Spacers larger than 8mm caused the wheels to hit the fender when encountering larger bumps.

Also as an aside, one does not require longer studs. You may choose to use longer Porsche 19mm wheel bolts that come in longer lengths and are black.

Last edited:

EvoIII

Ready to race!
Edited my mistakes.

Interesting. I did try 10mm spacers on the front, but on my vehicle there was slight contact over larger bumps.I also have 10.5mm ECS spacers on the rear now with no issues at all. These have a centering ring and a built in dust cap. There is no need to remove the factory dust cap if you have the " flat" style cap. The spacer will fit flush. Spacers without the centering ring caused a "shudder" over 65 miles per hour.

Last edited:

EvoIII

Ready to race!

Which 4 piston kit do you have on the rear and where did you get your brackets from? Also, did you require a new handbrake setup?