GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ConcealedCampus.com

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI

www.ConcealedCampus.com

Check this out guys if you are a CCW Carrying member and would like to be permitted to protect yourself at school.

There is also a facebook group that you can join as well here:

http://erau.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2383535699

:headbang:

-Cameron

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
this will never happen in florida, teachers have been trying to do this for years in FL and it has never even been considered.

1. i myself wouldnt trust some dumbass kid to have the responsability to know when and under what circumstances he needs to "protect" himself. someone might bring a swiss army knife to school and this kid gets scared and shoots him.

2. this is the most paranoid country ever, no one should be able to carry on schools, the only way to stop this kind of thing from happening is by increasing security, which depending on what level of school your talking about comes out of the state or the schools pocket and i couldnt see either of those happening.

Dr. Infernogh

suck my rabbit.
Yeah, so it'll be even easier for kids to carry guns around on a college campus...are you retarded? Have you ever lived on campus? Do you know how many more people would get shot over stupid shit when drunk and fighting?!
This is the worst idea ever.
How about a tazer or something? I mean, the media would have a field day with this kids court appearences and tabloid pictures.
More bonuses for the paparazzi!!!!

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
Yeah, so it'll be even easier for kids to carry guns around on a college campus...are you retarded? Have you ever lived on campus? Do you know how many more people would get shot over stupid shit when drunk and fighting?!
This is the worst idea ever.
How about a tazer or something? I mean, the media would have a field day with this kids court appearences and tabloid pictures.
More bonuses for the paparazzi!!!!

i agree its probably the worst idea ever to fix a problem about violence your going to throw more guns at the problem. more guns into less responsable people at that. and that website is a little reDICKulous using incidents like these to further someone elses dumbass thought about being able to carry everywhere is really sad. what a horrible idea.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
im glad you respect our opinions, id also like to see the other side of the story in how you justify letting people carry at school? because let me tell you when you say "theres so many shootings at schools now it becoming a real big problem, i know lets let high schoolers and college kids carry at school so that they (with their awesome responsablity, and accuracy) can defend themselves." say that out loud and tell me if it honestly sounds like a good idea?

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
1) High schoolers would not be able to carry, I thought you would have known that, plus I said no where about high schoolers.

2) You have to be 21 to obtain a CCW, as well as have no mental history, no felonies, and basically no criminal record. You have to be a responsible adult with a good background

3) You have to qualify at a range and show you know what you are doing with a handgun before you can obtain one. You have to demonstrate that you know how to clear a weapon, as well as be able to fire it accurately.

I justify this by presenting you with this argument. Most college campuses are gun-free, yes. But, you know what that spells? That is a Target zone where anyone who feels like shooting someone knows that no one will have a gun when they walk into that room full of people. They know that all of those people will run into the nearest corner for them to just line up and be shot like cattle. 1 person could have saved lives that day if they were permitted to responsibly carry their weapon with them, it would have only taken one.

Yes there are the possibilities that they could have missed, but guess what, it would have been a lot better for them to have had a chance to defend themselves, rather than let this madman walk through killing as he pleases.

I know of other schools, such as campuses in UTAH that allow concealed carry on campus. The ERAU prescott campus has a CLASS offered about using handguns and other weapons... i've never heard of anyone shooting up these types of places.

And to the notion of someone being afriad of a pocket knife and shooting someone? Are you kidding me? That's absolutely rediculous, and unfounded. No one that has legally obtained a CCW will have that mindset.

But here is what I think should be allowed if this were to happen.

No student living On campus in a dormitory should be able to keep their gun with them, b/c lets face it, it's a dormitory. Only those students who are Permitted with a CCW and live off campus should be able to carry. And dormitory's should have security there constantly.

Also, if a person is carrying on campus, the gun should have to be in their bag, and not actually on their person, in order to minimize an accidental mishap.

So anyways, that is why I believe I should be able to carry on campus, so that I am not defenseless when this person comes on campus shooting people. I can be able to defend myself like i've been trained to do.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
In my two years living on campus I would have shot people if I would have had a gun probably. And that's why I don't carry a gun sober, I don't even consider myself responsible enough to make a life or death decision while sober. Now, had I had a handgun in my dorm room, and mixed that with heavy drinking? I'm sure the gun would have come out a couple times. Thing is I consider myself to be very level headed.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that if kids had guns laying around in dorm rooms, shit would go down when people were drunk. I know there are some crazy people out there. And before people get on me about me saying "I might have shot someone", I was making a point. It could happen to anyone, especially when mixing alcohol/drugs with guns. I hope I don't get a visit from el FBI.

edit: I should have mentioned; I went to University of Montana my first 2 years, and there were gun lockers in every dorm. Now that I think about it, I think the gun had to stay in the locker, and couldn't be brought into any other buildings. Although what is to stop someone from checking out there gun to go "hunting", which was very common there, and instead go human hunting?

Dr. Infernogh

suck my rabbit.
I have to say, at 21, hardly anyone is a responsible "adult".
Also you would deny the right for students who live on campus to carry when commuters could? That makes no sense. They are still going to the same classes and walking the same hallways, and would be experiencing the same situation if faced with a nutball.

And lets face it, the number of shootings and victims pales in comparison to the total number of colleges and students in the country. These are pretty much isolated incidents.

http://www.utexas.edu/world/univ/state/
That's roughly 1,444 schools at an average of 10,000 students per school...
14,440,000 students. Shit like this is bound to happen and letting everyone carry guns would only make this worse.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
i know the rules to obtaining a CCW and i just imbelleshed it a little to make a point. while you have to be 21 i could see a 21 year old who has a CCW but irresponsable enough to make the wrong descion. im not saying that you cameron im just saying that i think if i had to live on campus i wouldnt want to live on a CCW campus. its to dangerous and i dont trust people i never met to have a gun around where im trying to study, or eat, or while im in class. theres to many "cons" and to be honest the out way the "pros" in this case.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
I have to say, at 21, hardly anyone is a responsible "adult".
Also you would deny the right for students who live on campus to carry when commuters could? That makes no sense. They are still going to the same classes and walking the same hallways, and would be experiencing the same situation if faced with a nutball.

And lets face it, the number of shootings and victims pales in comparison to the total number of colleges and students in the country. These are pretty much isolated incidents.

http://www.utexas.edu/world/univ/state/
That's roughly 1,444 schools at an average of 10,000 students per school...
14,440,000 students. Shit like this is bound to happen and letting everyone carry guns would only make this worse.

:clap: hit the nail on the head with that one. thats the point i was trying to make that throwing more guns at the problem will only make the problem worse.