GOLFMKV

MKV FSI 3in HOOD EXIT EXHAUST...videos/pics inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
hey guys, well I ran a 3 inch exhaust thru my hood...both O2 sensors where put close to each other on the downpipes elbow.....i never got it to blow fire...even while 2 stepping no fire...ill tell you this thou, if you closed your eyes and herd the car, you'd think it was a diesel dump truck...the turbo whittle was insanely loud...when you went WOT, that thing SCREAMED!!!!In these videos I am revo stg 2 BUT only pushing 16 psi due to some diagnostic i was running....

PROBLEMS

the pipe would hit against the heater core lines while wot....it almost cracked
the plastic connectors

the pipe was too close to the coilpack wire harness and was melting it

the pipe would hit my hood because of all the engine movement, it ended up bending the bottom part of the hole on the hood...had i continued using it, it might've ripped off the turbo off the head

on vag com while idle she would sometime struggle to keep a lambda of 1...not always only sometimes...actual lambda would bounce up and down till it stabilized...not always thou...other than that i didn't have any problems with a/f ratio nor fuel trims

hood temps went thru the roof

the hole on the hood allowed rain to pour directly on the coil packs and turbo manifold

even in miami, i might have gotten pulled over..

Resolution

I removed it after about 100 miles...the risks simply aren't worth it...it was awesome, but too many down side to the whole thing....next is side exit exhaust

after 100 miles and a somewhat expensive project/recovery

This is my friends N18 2011 R56 mini cooper, 1.6L ihi k03 turbo with hood exit ehxuast blowing blue flames on the stock tune

Last edited:

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
LOL!, someone had to do it....although i was not able to keep it, it was a cool experience that not many would try to pull off....

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Get your flame suit ready... This is going to get bumpy.

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
yea man....

im open to opinions....

eod69usn

Ready to race!
besides people stuffing as much shit as possible into the exhaust while the car was in some parking lot, what was goal of this?

Savir04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07'/CW/6MT/FSI
I had planed to make a CAP with a locking mechanism...to protect against rain, and ppl pissing inside the exhaust.

Motive, im not too sure...imo it came out neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.